|Born||4 April 1964|
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
|Notable awards||CBC Literary Award (2008)|
Her first poetry book, The True Names of Birds (1998), was nominated for the 1999 Governor General's Award, the Pat Lowther Award and the Gerald Lampert Award. Goyette's first novel, Lures (2002), was nominated for the 2003 Thomas Head Raddall Award. She has also written another poetry collection, Undone (2004), and won the 2008 CBC Literary Award in poetry for the poem "Outskirts". The poetry collection of the same name, Outskirts, won the Atlantic Poetry Prize in 2012. Goyette's fourth poetry collection, Ocean, was published in 2013 by Gaspereau Press. Her fifth poetry collection, The Brief Reincarnation of a Girl, was published in 2015 by Gaspereau Press.
Goyette's collection Ocean is the recipient of the 2015 Lieutenant Governor of Nova Scotia Masterworks Arts Award, which recognizes the excellence of a particular work of art or design from any media and carries a cash value of $25,000.
Goyette has been a member of the faculty of The Maritime Writers' Workshop, The Banff Wired Studio, and The Sage Hill Writing Experience.
Goyette is a judge for the 2017 Griffin Poetry Prize.
|Library resources about |
|By Susan Goyette|
- The True Names of Birds (Brick, 1998) ISBN 0-919626-99-8
- Lures (Harper Flamingo, 2002) ISBN 0-00-200506-9
- Undone (Brick, 2004) ISBN 1-894078-33-0
- First Writes (Banff Centre, 2005) ISBN 1-894773-16-0 (anthology edited with Kelley Aitken and Barbara Scott)
- Outskirts (Brick Books, 2011) ISBN 978-1-926829-68-5
- Ocean (Gaspereau Press, 2013) ISBN 978-1-554471-22-5 (shortlisted for the 2014 Griffin Poetry Prize)
- The Best Canadian Poetry In English, 2013 (Tightrope Books, 2013) ISBN 978-1926639666 (anthology guest editor)
- The Brief Reincarnation of a Girl (Gaspereau Press, 2015) ISBN 978-1554471461 
- Penelope (Gaspereau Press, 2017) ISBN 978-1554471461 
- "CBC Literary Awards - Winners". Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Archived from the original on 4 March 2009. Retrieved 28 February 2009.
- Carter Flynn, Sue (25 February 2009). "Love lit: CBC Literary Awards announced tomorrow". ArtAttack. Halifax: The Coast. Archived from the original on 27 September 2011. Retrieved 6 March 2009.
- "Congratulations to Sue Goyette --winner of the Atlantic Poetry Prize for her book Outskirts!!" http://www.brickbooks.ca/?p=3522
- "Gaspereau Press - Book Information". www.gaspereau.com. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- "Ocean Wins 2015 Lieutenant Governor of Nova Scotia Masterworks Arts Award". The Lieutenant Governor of Nova Scotia Masterworks Arts Award. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- Waters, Juliet (2002). "Teenage Wasteland (review)". Montreal Mirror. Archived from the original on 23 November 2008. Retrieved 2009-03-13.
- Lennon, Maureen. "Suffering Beautifully (review)". Books in Canada: The Canadian Review of Books. Retrieved 2009-03-13.
- Jackson, Lorna (January 2002). "Lures (review)". Quill & Quire. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- Govier, Katherine (March 2002). "Smells Like Teen Dispirit (review)". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2009-03-13.[dead link]
- Neilson Glenn, Lorri. "Antigonish Review #141". Antigonish Review. Archived from the original on 12 December 2010. Retrieved 15 March 2011.
- "First Writes". Banff Centre. Retrieved 2009-05-12.
- "In Conversation / Poetry & Poetics - Susan Goyette & Susan Gillis". Lemonhound. Retrieved 2016-08-19.