Susan McFadden at Macquarie Shopping Centre, Sydney, in August 2012
|Born||8 February 1983|
|Labels||Celtic Collections, Manhattan|
Susan McFadden (born 8 February 1983) is an Irish actress and singer. She is best known for playing the roles of Sandy in Grease and Elle Woods in Legally Blonde the Musical in London's West End and being a member of Celtic Woman from 2012 to 2018.
She was one of the dancers in Daniel O'Donnell's Rock & Roll Show tour and DVD. She also played the role of Kathy in an Irish production of Singing in the Rain in 2004 to much acclaim. The show played at the Olympia Theatre in Dublin and the Everyman Palace Theatre in Cork.
She was the winning contestant on the ITV reality TV show Grease Is the Word. As a result, she played the lead female role of Sandy in the West End production of Grease with Danny Bayne beginning in August 2007.
In 2008, McFadden recorded two songs for the CD Act One – Songs From The Musicals Of Alexander S. Bermange, an album of 20 brand new recordings by 26 West End stars, released in November 2008 on Dress Circle Records.
McFadden starred in the original west end cast of the musical Legally Blonde at the Savoy Theatre in London's West End playing Elle Woods after originating the role of Serena. Official reviews and audience reaction were extremely positive. Beginning on 25 October, McFadden became the alternate Elle, performing Mondays and Tuesdays. McFadden began playing the role of Elle Woods full-time beginning 10 January 2011 and left the role on 9 July 2011 and has been nominated for a What's on stage award for "best takeover". She was subsequently replaced by former Margot and understudy Elle Carley Stenson.
On 5 January 2012, McFadden was named as a replacement for Lisa Kelly, then going on maternity leave, in the all-female ensemble Celtic Woman. McFadden debuted with Celtic Woman in February at Nashville, Tennessee, for the kickoff of the "Believe" North American Tour and continued with the European, Australian, and South African Tours in 2012. After Kelly announced her departure from the group was permanent in January 2013, McFadden became a full-time member of Celtic Woman. She toured with the group for six and a half years.
On 12 August 2018, it was announced that McFadden would be taking leave from the group to have her first child.
In October 2019, Susan rejoined Celtic Woman for a few shows filling in for Máiréad Carlin while she recovered from appendicitis.
On 22 January 2020, it was announced that Susan would be rejoining Celtic Woman for six shows during the US Celebration tour, but the tour was postponed shortly after due to the coronavirus pandemic.
McFadden is married to Celtic Woman's former bagpiper Anthony Byrne. Their first child, Joanie Byrne, was born November 2018. On 15 February 2021, it was announced that they were expecting their second child. 
- With Celtic Woman
- Celtic Woman: Emerald - Musical Gems (2014)
- Celtic Woman: O Christmas Tree (2014)
- Celtic Woman Presents Solo (May 2015)
- Celtic Woman: Destiny (2015)
- Celtic Woman: Voices of Angels (2016)
- Celtic Woman: The Best of Christmas (2017)
- Celtic Woman: Homecoming Live from Ireland (2018)
- Celtic Woman: Celebration 15 years of Music and Magic (2020)
- Other featured performances
- Act One – Songs From The Musicals Of Alexander S. Bermange (November 2008)
- Celtic Woman: Home for Christmas (October 2013)
- Celtic Woman: Emerald - Musical Gems (February 2014)
- Celtic Woman: Destiny (October 2015)
- Celtic Woman: Homecoming Live from Ireland (January 2018)
- "Celtic -". celticwoman.com. Retrieved 14 April 2019.
- Desk, BWW News. "CELTIC WOMAN Announces Newest Member, Susan McFadden & New Tour". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- Murphy, Claire (12 June 2010). "Final showdown on road to Fame". Evening Herald. Retrieved 13 June 2010.
- London's Legally Blonde The Musical Will Welcome New Elle Woods in January Archived 5 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- "Susan McFadden". Facebook.com. Retrieved 12 August 2018.[non-primary source needed]
- "Original Celtic Woman Star Returns". www.celticwoman.com. Celtic Woman. Retrieved 17 February 2020.
- "Tour Rescheduling Announcement 2020". www.celticwoman.com. Celtic Woman. Retrieved 18 March 2020.
- "Pics/Videos from Sue and Anto's Wedding". celticwomanforum.com. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Susan Mcfadden on Instagram: "We are finally home with our beautiful baby girl! Thank you all for your well wishes these past few months. We're besotted with our…"". Instagram. Retrieved 14 April 2019.
- "Virgin Ireland Player".