Susan N. Herman
Susan N. Herman is a Jewish American constitutional law scholar and, since October 2008, the president of the American Civil Liberties Union. Herman has taught at Brooklyn Law School since 1980.
She currently teaches courses in Constitutional Law and Criminal Procedure, and seminars on Law and Literature, and Terrorism and Civil Liberties. She began working for the ACLU as an intern in law school. When she was elected president, Herman was the organization's general counsel and had served on its board for 20 years.
- "Professor Susan Herman". AJC.
- "Law professor elected new ACLU president: Susan Herman plans to reach out to African-Americans, religious groups". Associated Press. 2008-10-18. Retrieved 1 December 2009.
- Brosh, Brendan (2008-10-18). "New ACLU president from Brooklyn Law School". New York Daily News. Retrieved 1 December 2009.
- "Susan N. Herman". Retrieved 3 January 2012.
- Herman, Susan (October 3, 2011). Taking Liberties: The War on Terror and the Erosion of American Democracy. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-978254-3.