Susan Ormiston  is a Canadian television journalist, correspondent for CBC Television's The National and guest host for several CBC radio and television programs. She has covered prominent events including the election of Nelson Mandela in 1994 in the first free elections in South Africa.
Susan Ormiston is a foreign correspondent for CBC News. She has reported widely on Canadian and world events. Beginning with the election of President Nelson Mandela in South Africa (1994), to the retirement of Pope Benedict XVI (2013). She's covered wars and rebellions in Afghanistan, Lebanon, Syria, Libya and Egypt. She's followed the euro crisis in Egypt, Italy and Germany and while based in London covered the London Olympics, The Royal Wedding of William and Kate and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
She has interviewed a wide variety of news-makers including Bill Clinton, Michaëlle Jean, Stanley McChrystal, Christine Lagarde, and entertainment personalities such as Celine Dion, Shania Twain and Russell Peters. She has taught broadcast journalism courses at Ryerson Polytechnic University in Toronto and has been a volunteer speaker for Alzheimers Disease.
Originally from Saskatchewan, Ormiston attended Evan Hardy Collegiate in Saskatoon. She received a Bachelor of Journalism Honours degree at Carleton University in Ottawa, she joined CBC as host and reporter in Toronto; was news co-anchor in Halifax, Nova Scotia as well as CBC's National TV Reporter in the Maritime provinces.
In 2001, she rejoined CBC to work on Marketplace, and later, Fifth Estate. As a reporter for CBC's The National, she has reported from Canada, Europe and the Middle East. (2006). Ormiston hosted "Ormiston Online" for Canada Votes, CBC's coverage of the 2008 Federal election. In 2010 she moved to London as CBC's foreign correspondent, where she lives with her husband and two sons.
TV and radio programs
- The National, CBC TV, Correspondent
- As It Happens, CBC Radio, guest host
- CBC News: Morning, CBC TV, guest host
- CBC News: Sunday, CBC TV, guest host
- The Current, CBC Radio, guest host
- the fifth estate, CBC TV Host
- Inside Media, CBC Newsworld, CBC TV, Host
- Marketplace, CBC TV Correspondent
- W-FIVE, CTV (1990–2000) Host/Correspondent
- The Alzheimer Journey, Alzheimer Society of Canada, educational video host
- 2012 Gemini Nomination Best Breaking News - Reports from Syria
- 2011 Foreign Press Association Award News Story of the Year "Protecting Kate".
- 2011 RTNDA Best News Story From Madrassa to Murder
- 2010 - Gemini Award for Ormiston Online - digital reporting
- 2007 - Gemini Award Best News Reporting 'Reports from Afghanistan'
- 1996 - Gemini Award Best News Feature Multiculturalism Documentary
- 1995-2010 - Four News Awards RTNDA (Radio Television News Director Awards)
- Black, Debra (24 August 2002). "Couple in peak shape for mountain trek". Toronto Star. p. K16. Article describes Ormiston and her husband Keith Harradence preparing for an Alzheimer's disease research benefit.
- CBC Program Guide Susan Ormiston. cbc.ca. Retrieved on: September 25, 2008.
- The National. Susan Ormiston, London, England.
- Evan Hardy Collegiate - Our Alumni
- Connolly, Pat. The Daily News (Halifax), June 10, 1991, p.7.