Susan von der Lippe
|Full name||Susan von der Lippe|
|National team||United States|
|Born||July 5, 1965|
Ft Carson, CO
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||146 lb (66 kg)|
|College team||Stanford University|
Susan von der Lippe (born July 5, 1965), née Susan Gerard Rapp, is an American competition swimmer, Olympic medalist, and Masters world record-holder in multiple events.
Rapp first qualified for the 1980 Olympic games, but was unable to compete due to the United States-led boycott of the Olympic games hosted by the Soviet Union. Four years later at the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles, she had significant success. She won a silver medal for her second-place performance in the women's 200-meter breaststroke, finishing with a time of 2:31.15. She earned a gold medal by swimming for the winning U.S. team in the preliminary heats of the women's 4×100-meter medley relay. Individually, she also finished seventh in the final of the women's 100-meter breaststroke, recording a time of 1:11.45.
As of 2014[update], von der Lippe holds 61 individual United States Masters Swimming pool records, across the 35-39, 40-44 and 45-49 age groups. She holds Masters World records in breaststroke, butterfly, individual medley in the 40-44 and 45-49 age groups.
- List of Masters world records in swimming
- List of Olympic medalists in swimming (women)
- List of Stanford University people
- Sports-Reference.com, Olympic Sports, Athletes, Susan Rapp. Retrieved November 14, 2012.
- "Von der Lippe Is Still Making a Splash at 42". NY Times. 11 May 2008. Retrieved 6 Nov 2014.
- "Susan G Von der Lippe - USMS Swimmer".
- "FINA WORLD MASTERS RECORDS - SHORT COURSE METERS AS OF AUG 31, 2014" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-11-06.
- "FINA WORLD MASTERS RECORDS - LONG COURSE METERS AS OF AUG 31, 2014" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-11-06.
- Susan Rapp – Olympic Games results at databaseOlympics.com
|This article about a swimming Olympic medalist of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|