Susan Williams Gifford
|Susan Williams Gifford|
|Member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives
from the 2nd Plymouth district
2003 – Present
|Preceded by||Ruth Provost|
November 3, 1959 |
St. Joseph, Michigan
|Alma mater||Western Michigan University, B.A., '82|
Early life and education
Gifford is a member of the Wareham Land Trust, Buzzards Bay Village Association, Onset Bay Village Association, Barnstable County Republican Club, Cape Cod Republican Club, Plymouth County Republican Club, Wareham Republican Town Committee, Caucus of Women Legislators, and the Manufactured Home Commission.
- House Committee on Steering, Policy and Scheduling
- Joint Committee on Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture
- Joint Committee on Financial Services
- Joint Committee on Health Care Financing
- Joint Committee on Tourism, Arts and Cultural Development
Gifford won re-election to the Second Plymouth Seat in 2010. She had no primary opposition. She defeated David Smith (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
- Susan Williams Gifford (R) (inc.) - 10,398 (62.73%)
- David A. Smith (D) - 5,331 (32.16%)
Gifford won re-election to the Second Plymouth Seat on November 4, 2008. She had no primary opposition and she ran unopposed in the general election. She defeated David Smith (D) in the general election on November 4, 2008.
- Susan Williams Gifford (R) (inc.) - 16,211 (73.58%)
- Blanks - 5,590 (25.37%)
- All others - 230 (.01%)
- Massachusetts House of Representatives - Rep. Susan Gifford
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Susan Gifford's personal website
- "State Representative Susan Williams Gifford". Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Retrieved May 10, 2010.
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Gifford
- Official Massachusetts Election Results, 2010
- Return of Votes for the Massachusetts State Election, November 2, 2010
- Official Massachusetts Election Results, 2008
- Return of Votes for the Massachusetts State Election, November 4, 2008