Susan Wood (poet)
Her poems have appeared in such journals as Antioch Review, Callaloo, Greensboro Review, Indiana Review, Kenyon Review, Missouri Review, New England Review, Paris Review, and Poetry,.
- 1991 Lamont Poetry Selection for Campo Santo
- Pushcart Prize for her poem "Diary,"
- 1998 Guggenheim Fellowship for poetry
- "Metamorphosis; Untitled; Soulmate". Poetry Magazine. June–July 2000.
- "In America". Virginia Quarterly Review: 133–134. Summer 2006.
- "Analysis of the Rose as Sentimental Despair". Ploughshares. Spring 1999. Archived from the original on August 21, 2007.
- "Pink Vista". Ploughshares. Spring 1981. Archived from the original on November 6, 2005.
- "Fourth of July, Texas, 1956". Ploughshares. Spring 1981. Archived from the original on November 1, 2005.
- "Tenderness". SmartishPace (4).
- the book of ten. University of Pittsburgh Press. 2011. ISBN 978-0-8229-6139-0.
- Asunder. Penguin. 2001. ISBN 978-0-14-042434-8.
- Campo Santo. Louisiana State University Press. 1991. ISBN 978-0-8071-1677-7.
- Bazaar. Holt, Rinehart and Winston. 1981. ISBN 978-0-03-057856-4.
Kay Ryan's piece on AWP is a contrarian, hilarious, honest delight. I share many of Ryan's feelings about the AWP conference, but I spent more time in my room than she did. Because everyone at AWP seems to be so frantically on the make, running around desperately trying to see as many people as possible, especially famous people, I always find myself in a dilemma. On the one hand, I try to feel superior and refuse to participate, while on the other hand, I feel like I'm missing out on everything, and everyone is having much more fun than I am. Probably they are.Susan Wood
- Academy of American Poets
- Faculty Information System: Susan Wood
- Rice Department of English: Susan Wood