||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
|Born||Suzanne Ellen Rose Alexander-Katz Kauffmann
3 July 1943
Mexico City, Mexico
|Occupation||Actress, hostess, director, producer, translator, teacher, dancer|
|Relatives||Brigitte Alexander (mother)
Sophie Alexander (niece)
Suzanne Ellen Rose Alexander-Katz Kauffmann (born 3 July 1943), commonly known as Susana Alexander, is a Mexican actress, hostess, director, producer, translator, teacher and dancer.
Alexander was born in Mexico City, the daughter of Alfredo Alexander-Katz and Brígida Kauffmann Rosenstein, German Jewish immigrants who left Europe during World War II. Her mother, commonly known as Brígida Alexander, was a pioneer of Mexican television who wrote and produced the first Mexican telenovela, Los ángeles de la calle (1952).
In 1950, she made her professional debut as a television hostess. She made her film debut in Yo, el mujeriego (1963), starring Antonio Aguilar. In 1968, she played the villainous Carolina de Frizac in the telenovela Chucho el Roto (starring Manuel López Ochoa in the title role) and the films La vida de Chucho el Roto (1970), Yo soy Chucho el Roto (1970), Los amores de Chucho el Roto (1970), El inolvidable Chucho el Roto (1971). She had a starring role in the Capulina comedy El bueno para nada (1973).
Selected television work
- Sheena, Queen of the Jungle (1955–1956)
- Chucho el Roto (1968)
- Intriga (1968)
- Mañana será otro día (1976)
- Cuando llega el amor (1990)
- Más allá del puente (1994)
- El amor no es como lo pintan (2000–2001)
- Súbete a mi moto (2002)
- "Archivo de telenovelas - Biografía de Susana Alexander". Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "Brigida Kauffmann Rosenstein - Mexico, Distrito Federal, Civil Registration". FamilySearch. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- "Murió la madre de la actriz Susana Alexander". El Siglo de Torreón. 11 May 1995. Retrieved 28 October 2014.