This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Susanne Regel|
September 9, 1974|
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Susanne Regel (born 1974) is a German oboist working as solo artist and with international ensembles. She is specialized on baroque oboe, the classical oboe, and the romantic oboe. Regel also teaches at several universities in Germany.
Regel started playing woodwind instruments as a child and began an intensive study of the recorder, modern oboe and also historical oboe as a schoolgirl. In 1993, Regel made it to the semi final of the international MAfestival Brugge (Musica Antiqua Bruges) competition in Bruges. She was the youngest participant of the competition. In 2001 she completed her studies of the historical oboe under Ku Ebbinge, and the recorder under Sebastien Marc at the Royal Conservatory of The Hague.
Regel has made more than 50 radio, CD and DVD recordings. Special attention should be drawn to her participation in the complete recordings of the Bach cantatas under J.E. Gardiner with the English Baroque Soloists in the year 2000.
Regel is a regular guest and soloist with many international ensembles including:
- Freiburger Barockorchester (Petra Müllejans, Gottfried von der Goltz), Germany
- Collegium 1704 (Vaclav Luks), Czech Republic
- le cercle de l’Harmonie“(Jérémie Rhorer), France
- Concerto Copenhagen (Lars Ulrik Mortensen), Denmark
- Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra (Ton Koopman), The Netherlands
- Laura Soave (Sergio Azzolini), Italy
Regel has participated in many international festivals, including:
- Salzburg Festival
- Boston Early Music Festival
- Festival Sansoucci
- Prague Spring International Music Festival
- Festival de Saintes
- Bachwoche Ansbach
- Göttingen International Handel Festival
Regel teaches the historical oboe at the Hochschule für Musik in Karlsruhe, and at the “Staatliche Hochschule für Musik” in Trossingen. She also teaches in international Masterclasses in Essen, Minsk, St. Petersburg, Los Angeles and Washington.