Susanne von Caemmerer
|Susanne von Caemmerer|
Susanne von Caemmerer at the Royal Society admissions day in London, July 2017
|Alma mater||Australian National University|
|Institutions||Australian National University|
|Thesis||On the relationship between chloroplast biochemistry and gas exchange of leaves (1981)|
Susanne von Caemmerer ForMemRS is a Professor and plant physiologist in the Division of Plant Sciences, Research School of Biology at the Australian National University; and the Deputy Director of the ARC Centre of Excellence for Translational Photosynthesis. She has been a leader in developing and refining biochemical models of photosynthesis.
Career and Research
With Graham Farquhar and Joe Berry, her early work in plant physiology led to the development of a biochemical model of C3 photosynthesis. The model that mathematically describes the balance of photosynthetic limitations between light-driven energy supply and carbon diffusion substrate supply has become a cornerstone of research into photosynthesis at the leaf-level and carbon fluxes at larger scales.
Honours and awards
- "von Caemmerer Laboratory". Archived from the original on 2016-07-11.
- "Susanne von Caemmerer, Deputy Director". photosynthesis.org.au. ARC Centre of Excellence for Translational Photosynthesis. Archived from the original on 2016-08-22. Retrieved 2016-07-11.
- Farquhar, Graham D.; Caemmerer, Susanne von; Berry, Joseph A. (2001-01-01). "Models of Photosynthesis". Plant Physiology. 125 (1): 42–45. doi:10.1104/pp.125.1.42. ISSN 1532-2548. PMC 1539321. PMID 11154292.
- Susanne von Caemmerer publications indexed by the Scopus bibliographic database. (subscription required)
- Susanne von Caemmerer publications indexed by Google Scholar
- Farquhar, G. D.; Caemmerer, S. von; Berry, J. A. (1980-06-01). "A biochemical model of photosynthetic CO2 assimilation in leaves of C3 species". Planta. 149 (1): 78–90. doi:10.1007/BF00386231. ISSN 0032-0935. PMID 24306196.
- "Plant, Cell & Environment - Editorial Board". Wiley Online Library. Archived from the original on 2016-04-24.
- "Charles F. Kettering Award". www.aspb.org. American Society of Plant Biologists (ASPB). Archived from the original on 2017-07-01. Retrieved 2016-07-11.
- "Professor Susanne von Caemmerer". www.science.org.au. Australian Academy of Science. Archived from the original on 2016-08-16. Retrieved 2016-07-11.
- RSB, Director; email@example.com (2013-11-19). "Susanne von Caemmerer". Archived from the original on 2016-07-30. Retrieved 2016-07-11.
- Anon (2017). "Susanne Von Caemmerer -biography". royalsociety.org. London: Royal Society. Archived from the original on 23 May 2017. Retrieved 28 May 2017.