Susie Singer Carter
Susie Singer Carter
|Occupation||Writer, Director, Actress and Producer|
Life and career
Susie began her career by writing and producing Dance Revolution and Cake for CBS. In 2007, she wrote and produced Bratz for Lionsgate but lost her credit in a Writers Guild arbitration, though her name appears as screenwriter on the final movie poster. In 2011 she co-produced Soul Surfer (film) and penned the screenplay for the animated musical Twinkle Toes Lights Up New York. In 2016 she wrote, produced, directed and acted the short film My Mom and the Girl starring Valerie Harper, which won awards in Cleveland International Film Festival, Pittsburgh short film festival and Oscar qualified. Susie wrote and directed two documentaries, Breaking Good and Women Who Wrote the Way and it was premiered at the Writers Guild of America for Women's History Month in 2018. She is a member of the Alliance of Women Directors.
|1996||Pregnancy Massage Video||N||N||Short Film|
|1997||The Brothers Flub||N||N||TV Series|
|2006-2007||Dance Revolution||N||TV Series|
|2011||Soul Surfer||N||N||Feature Film|
|2016||Twinkle Toes Lights Up New York||N||N||Animation Film|
|2016||My Mom and the Girl||Short Film|
|1991||They Came from Outer Space||Tina||Episode: "High Five"|
|1991||Columbo||Darlene||Episode: "Columbo and the Murder of a Rock Star"|
|1991||Sisters||Marie||Episode: "Moving In, Moving Out, Moving On"|
|1991||Perfect Strangers||Bambi||Episode: "Bachelor Party"|
|1992||The Larry Sanders Show||Barbara||Episode: "Hank's Contract"|
|1993||Knots Landing||Randi||Episode: "Call Waiting"|
|1993||Falling Down||Suzie the Stripper|
|1993||Sweating Bullets||Casey Born||Episode: "Tomorrow"|
|1994||A Dangerous Place||Mechanic|
|1995||Kidnapped: In the Line of Duty||Lois Furman||TV movie|
|1997||Melrose Place||Hooker #2||Episode: "Screams from a Marriage"|
|1997||L.A. Johns||Beverly||TV movie|
|1998||Team Knight Rider||Krista||Episode: "The Ixtafa Affair"|
|1998||The Landlady||Venice Dorian|
|2002||Out of These Rooms||Marlee|
|2007||Bratz||Barbara Baxter Dimly|
|2016||My Mom and the Girl||Susie||Short|
- "Meet Susie Singer Carter of Go Girl Media". voyagela.com. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "Susie Singer Carter's "My Mom and the Girl" Takes Tough, yet Tender Look at Alzheimer's via Tremendous Portrayal by Valerie Harper". thelosangelesbeat.com. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "MICRO INTERVIEW: SUSIE SINGER CARTER". filmpittsburgh.org. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "Valerie Harper to Star in Alzheimer's Film MY MOM AND THE GIRL". broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 2019-03-25.
- "Valerie Harper & Susie Singer Carter discuss new film 'My Mom and the Girl'". foxla.com. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "Cannes Short Film Corner - My Mom and The Girl". wearemovingstories.com. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "Interview with Susie Singer Carter of "My mom and the girl"". screencomment.com. Retrieved 2019-03-25.
- "A team that's picked up steam". articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "Writer's Corner: Susie Singer Carter". msinthebiz.com. Retrieved 2019-03-25.
- "Soul Surfer". variety.com. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "winkleToes lights up New York". nlb.gov.sg. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "Photo Flash: Valerie Harper Offers Rare Q&A for MY MOM & THE GIRL". broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "Valerie Harper balances comedy and grief in 'My Mom and the Girl'". burlingtoncountytimes.com. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "CLEVELAND INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL" (PDF). clevelandfilm.org. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "Juried Selections". filmpittsburgh.org. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "Susie Singer Carter". allianceofwomendirectors.org. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "The Hollywood Museum Hosts Academy Screening of "My Mom and the Girl"". thehollywood360.com. Retrieved 2019-03-25.