Suspect (1960 film)
|Directed by||John Boulting
|Produced by||John Boulting
|Written by||Nigel Balchin
Roy Boulting (additional scenes)
Jeffrey Dell (additional scenes)
|Based on||novel A Sort of Traitors by Nigel Balchin|
Charter Film Productions
|Distributed by||British Lion Film Corporation|
Suspect is a 1960 British thriller film directed by Roy Boulting and John Boulting. It starred Tony Britton, Virginia Maskell, Ian Bannen, Peter Cushing and Donald Pleasence, and was filmed on a limited budget at Shepperton in seventeen days. It was released in the U.S. as The Risk. A young scientist's pioneering work and his acquaintance with subversive anti-government groups attract the attention of the authorities.
- Tony Britton — Doctor Robert Marriott
- Virginia Maskell — Doctor Lucy Bryne
- Ian Bannen — Ian Andrews
- Kenneth Griffith — Doctor Shole
- Peter Cushing — Professor Sewell
- Thorley Walters — Prince
- Donald Pleasence — Parsons
- Spike Milligan — Arthur
- Raymond Huntley — Sir George Gatting, Minister of Defence
- Sam Kydd — Slater
- Antony Booth — Parkin
- Basil Dignam — Doctor Childs
- Brian Oulton — Director
The Times wrote, "the film is produced and directed by Mr. Roy and Mr. John Boulting; they have made a workmanlike job of what was a workmanlike book" ; while more recently, TV Guide wrote, "at times it is highly crafted, and the careful planning behind the production comes through well. However, the rapid shoot and low budget occasionally give this the look of a made-for-television film, and despite the tautness of the direction, the story is merely a routine thriller." 
- "Suspect 1960-title=Suspect-work=britmovie.co.uk - Britmovie - Home of British Films". britmovie.co.uk.
- Hal Erickson. "The Risk (1961) - John Boulting,Roy Boulting - Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- "Suspect (1960)". BFI.
- "SUSPECT (1960 Drama/Suspense)". pleasence.com.
- "The Risk". TVGuide.com.
|This article related to a British film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1960s thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|