Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Sussex in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Sussex is a historic county in South East England, taking its name from the Kingdom of Sussex in early Anglo-Saxon England. It is now divided into the ceremonial counties of East Sussex and West Sussex.
- History of Sussex, general history of Sussex, England
- University of Sussex, an English campus university situated in East Sussex
- Sussex County Cricket Club, an English first-class county cricket club
- Sussex, New Brunswick
- Sussex Drive a major street in Ottawa, Ontario; also home to the residence of the Prime Minister (24 Sussex Drive)
- Sussex, New Jersey
- Sussex, Wisconsin
- Sussex County, Delaware
- Sussex County, New Jersey
- Sussex County, Virginia
People and titles
- Earl of Sussex, a formal title created several times in the Peerages of England, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom
- Duke of Sussex, a peerage title originally conferred in 1801. It was granted to Prince Harry of Wales on the morning of his wedding to Meghan Markle, May 19th 2018.
- Duchess of Sussex, title of Meghan Markle, given to her through her wedding to Prince Harry of Wales.
- Roland Sussex, Australian linguist
- Sussex chicken, a dual purpose breed created in England
- Sussex Spaniel, a breed of dog developed in England
- Sussex Cattle, a red breed from the Sussex Weald in England
- Sussex, a breed of rabbit
- HMS Sussex, the name of various English warships and the Royal Naval Reserve unit based in Portslade until 1994
- SS Sussex, a passenger ferry built for the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway in 1896. Sold to France in 1914, sold to Greece in 1920 and renamed.
- Sussex pledge, a pledge given by Germany in 1916 prompted by the torpedoing of the passenger ferry Sussex
- MV Sussex, built in 1936 for the Federal Steam Navigation Company. Sold in 1946 and renamed
- Sussex, East Indiaman ship belonging to the East India Company that sunk on Bassas da India island in 1738.
- Sussex Records, a former record label in Hollywood
- Sussex Stakes, Group 1 flat horse race in the United Kingdom
- Sussex Publishers, a magazine publisher based in New York City that produces Psychology Today
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sussex.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.