Sustainable seafood advisory lists and certification
Sustainable seafood advisory lists and certification are programs aimed at increasing consumer awareness of the environmental impact and sustainability of their seafood purchasing choices.
California-based Seafood Watch and Marine Conservation Society's fishonline are some of the best known guides. One of the best known certification programs is Marine Stewardship Council's scheme for consumer seafood products.
Other programs include regional guides, such as that produced by the Australian Marine Conservation Society (AMCS). In Canada, SeaChoice produces assessments and recommendations using the traffic light system, while recommendation of restaurants is done by Vancouver Aquarium's Ocean Wise.
Guides and advisory lists
- Marine Conservation Society (MCS), Fishonline website and Good Fish Guide (UK and Northeast Atlantic)
- The Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch (recommendations)
- The Seafood Guide developed by Good Fish Foundation (goedevis.nl) and WWF Europe
- Greenpeace: International Seafood Red list
- Australian Marine Conservation Society (AMCS) produces Australia's Sustainable Seafood Guide, a consumer guide, advising consumers which species are in danger of being fished out.  
- Royal Forest and Bird Protection Society of New Zealand, Best Fish Guide
- The Blue Ocean Institute Seafood Guide, . Based in New York.
- Audubon Society's National Seafood Wallet Card (USA)
- Monterey Fish Market Seafood advisory list (West Coast, USA)
- Canada’s Seafood Guide (SeaChoice), initiative of Sustainable Seafood Canada 
- The Environmental Justice Foundation (EJF) Consumer Guide To Prawns
Certification and labelling
- The Marine Stewardship Council has a certification program for consumer seafood products, and lists certified products on its website 
- Ocean Wise, a Vancouver Aquarium conservation program certifying restaurants, and publishing a dining guide.
- Sustainable Fishery Advocates operates the FishWise program for labelling seafood by retailers.
- Friends of the Sea is an independent organisation that developed certification schemes for products from sustainable fisheries and aquaculture. The certification schemes also include standards for the reduction of carbon footprint and social accountability.