Front view of Susunia hill.
|Elevation||442 m (1,450 ft)|
|Location||Chhatna, Bankura district, West Bengal, India|
|Parent range||Chota Nagpur Plateau|
Susunia (Bengali: শুশুনিয়া) is a hill of southern West Bengal, India. It is known for its holy spring, its natural beauty, its rich flora and the rock faces on which many of the famous mountaineers of this region started their journey. It is one of the rich reserves of medicinal plants. Susunia is a part of the Eastern Ghats and is situated at the north-western part of Bankura District. 
Susunia Hill is a known archeological and fossil site. Fossil remains of Asiatic lion, giraffe, hyena and many other animal species have been discovered from areas around. The so claimed 'oldest' rock inscription of West Bengal is located here. There is an ancient carved monolith (Narasingha stone) standing at the point where the spring water is coming out of another stone gargoyle or curved projected spout. It is a good location for camping and rock-climbing. Susunia village itself is home to honoured master craftsmen of exquisite stone-carving. Susunia is an important archaeological site in Bankura district yielding stone age tools. It is believed that there earlier was a fort built by King Chandravarman. Some 4th century inscriptions are there, referring to a place called Pushkarana, once the capital of Chandravarman. Modern-day Pakhanna is considered to be ancient Pushkarana.
- Social Search, 1995. Published by Bankura Exploration Nature Academy, Kenduadihi, Bankura 722102, West Bengal, India.
- Mukherjee, Shyam Chand (2012). "Shushunia". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Susunia". seemyindia. Archived from the original on 2007-10-16. Retrieved 2008-03-19.
- Majumdar, R.C., History of Ancient Bengal, pp. 32, 444, Tulshi Prakashani.
- "Rock Climbing". Retrieved 2008-03-19.
- "Vishnupur". WB Tourism. Retrieved 2008-03-19.
- Ghosh, Binoy, Paschim Banger Sanskriti, (in Bengali), part I, 1976 edition, pp. 408-409, Prakash Bhaban
- Satellite view
- Susunia travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Climbing in Susunia
- Resort at Susunia
- Weekend Tour to Susunia