The Sutherland Railway was a railway worked by, and later absorbed in 1884 by the Highland Railway running through Sutherland, Scotland. Sutherland is a former county, and former districts of the Highland region.
Dornoch Light Railway
The line today
The line is still open, being part of the Far North Line.
Connections of other lines
- Inverness and Ross-shire Railway at Ardgay
- Dornoch Light Railway at The Mound
- Duke of Sutherland's Railway at Golspie
- Awdry, Christopher (1990). Encyclopaedia of British Railway Companies. Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0049-7. OCLC 19514063. CN 8983.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
- RAILSCOT on Sutherland Railway
|This Scotland rail transport related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|