Suti II (community development block)
সূতী II সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|community development block|
|• Total||94.86 km2 (36.63 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,200/km2 (5,800/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Jangipur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Suti|
Suti II (community development block) is an administrative division in Jangipur subdivision of Murshidabad district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Suti police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Dafahat. There are four census towns in this block: Aurangabad, Paschim Punropara, Dafahat and Jagtaj.
Aurangabad, a census town in Suti II block, is located at
As per 2001 census, Suti II block has a total population of 213,069, out of which 107,506 were males and 105,563 were females. Suti II block registered a population growth of 35.05 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 23.70 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
NH 34 passes through Suti II block.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Murshidabad district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Murshidabad district. Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 12" (PDF). Government of West Bengal Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". SOES. Retrieved 2011-02-17.