|Director of State Intelligence Agency|
July 8, 2015 – September 9, 2016
|Preceded by||Marciano Norman|
|Succeeded by||Budi Gunawan|
|12th Governor of Jakarta|
October 6, 1997 – October 7, 2007
B. J. Habibie
Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono
|Preceded by||Surjadi Sudirdja|
|Succeeded by||Fauzi Bowo|
6 December 1944 (age 73)|
Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia
|Political party||Indonesian Justice and Unity Party|
|Years of service||1968–1997|
Sutiyoso (born 6 December 1944 in Semarang, Central Java) is an Indonesian politician and former general who was the Director of the State Intelligence Agency from 8 July 2015 - 9 September 2016.  Known informally as 'Bang Yos', he was the governor of Jakarta, the country's capital, during a turbulent period from 1997. During this time there was a total of five presidents in Indonesia (Suharto, B. J. Habibie, Gus Dur Wahid, Megawati, and SBY). The transitions between presidents were often accompanied by much turmoil and disturbance in the streets of Jakarta. Sutiyoso also served as chairman of the Badminton Association of Indonesia (PBSI) for the period 2004-2008.
He is particularly known for his work in supporting the introduction, in early 2000, of the TransJakarta, a bus rapid transit system, in Jakarta. It is widely agreed that better public transport arrangements are badly needed in Jakarta so the introduction of the TransJakarta system was seen as an important initiative. However it has not proved easy to ensure that the TransJakarta bus system works well so the arrangements are currently regarded as being of mixed success.
Sutiyoso announced he was standing for the presidency of Indonesia in the 2009 and 2014 election but failed to get enough support to win the nomination. He was also chairman of the Indonesian Justice and Unity Party between 2010-2015.
- Margareth S. Aritonang and Tama Salim (June 11, 2015). "House works for quick approval of Sutiyoso as new BIN chief". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
- Dylan Amirio (June 30, 2015). "All parties approve Sutiyoso as new BIN chief". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
- M. Agung Rajasa (July 8, 2015). "Sutiyoso to modernize BIN`s equipment to face future challenges". Antra News. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
- Irawaty Wardany (May 6, 2015). "Indonesia digs deep for future badminton stars". Retrieved October 7, 2015.
- DIS (October 7, 2009). "Fewer cars, more art, please: Jakartans have their say". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
- (in Indonesian) Profile at TokohIndonesia
| Commander of Jayakarta Military Command
| Governor of Jakarta
| Chairman of Badminton Association of Indonesia
|Party political offices|
| Chairman of Indonesian Justice and Unity Party
| Director of State Intelligence Agency
|This article about an Indonesian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to the Indonesian military is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|