Suuna I of Buganda
|Ssekabaka Suuna I Kisolo|
|Kabaka of Buganda|
|Reign||1584 - 1614|
|Predecessor||Jemba of Buganda|
|Successor||Sekamaanya of Buganda|
|Spouse||1. Lady Nakigo
2. Lady Naluggwa
|Father||Nakibinge of Buganda|
Claim to the throne
He was the son of Kabaka Nakibinge Kagali, Kabaka of Buganda between 1524 and 1554. His mother was Nassuuna, his father's fifth wife. He took the throne after the death of his elder half-brother, Kabaka Jemba, in 1584. He established his capital at Gimbo Hill.
He married two wives:
- Nakigo, daughter of Walusimbi, of the Ffumbe clan
- Naluggwa, daughter of Lwoomwa, of the Ndiga clan
He fathered four sons:
- Prince (Omulangira) Sewatti, whose mother was Nakigo
- Prince (Omulangira) Gogombe
- Prince (Omulangira) Kawaali
- Kabaka Kimbugwe Kamegere, Kabaka of Buganda, whose mother was Naluggwa.
The final years
|King of Buganda
c. 1584 – c. 1614
- "The Life And History of Kabaka Suuna I". Royalark.net. Retrieved 4 October 2014.