Suvigya Sharma in 2015
|Education||Maharaja Sawai Mansingh School|
Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's Vidyashram, Jaipur
Bhawanipur Education Society College
Symbiosis International University
|Known for||Painting, Drawing, Fashion Designing|
|4D Siddhivinayak Painting|
3D Pichwai painting of Shrinathji
Restoration of SAM
Suvigya Sharma (born 28 July 1983) is an Indian artist, painter, fashion designer, who does miniature paintings, Tanjore painting, fresco work and portraits. He has worked in restoring fresco painting at City Palace at Jaipur, Jama Masjid and Singapore Art Museum. His works fall under miniature art work in India.
In February, 2016, Suvigya Sharma his art work Timeless Miniature Art was showcased at Make in India event, with a live demonstration of Miniature-painting technologies in Mumbai. He is Asia Book of Records and India Book of Records holder for creating World's first life-size Siddhi Vinayak painting with 4D effect.
Early life and education
Suvigya Sharma was born on 28 July 1983 in Jaipur of Indian state Rajasthan to R.K. Sharma, an artist. He did his schooling from Maharaja Sawai Mansingh School and Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's Vidyashram. Later he graduated from Bhawanipur Education Society College, Kolkata. He also studied Foreign Trade & Export Management from Symbiosis International University, Pune. He started painting at the age of seven. He used to teach dance way back when he was a teenager, said in an interview with DNA.
Suvigya has worked on fresco in Jaipur and other places like Havelis in Udaipur and Kishangarh, Jama Masjid's gold leafing, a few section of Jaipur City Palace, Bungalows, Dargah, heritage properties in different part of India.
Some of his clients for whom he painted, includes L. N. Mittal, Sachin Tendulkar, Narendra Modi, Priyanka Chopra, Aditya Chopra, Rani Mukherji Sanjay Dutt, Manyata Dutt, Kangana Ranaut and business families such as the Ambanis, the Birlas, the Burmans, the Singhanias, the Piramal, the Bajaj. Suvigya has also painted for PM Narendra Modi, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and Dalai Lama.
His art works have been unveiled by Kangana Ranaut, Madhoo, Rani Mukherji Vikas Khanna and Sachin Tendulkar at various events organised by himself which some of his artworks used 24 carat gold as material.
He has been exhibited in galleries and museums such as Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata, Cymroza Art Gallery, Kamalnayan Bajaj Art Gallery, Chitrakoot Art Gallery, India Habitat Centre and Artisans Art gallery. He designed the cover page of chef Vikas Khanna's cookbook Utsav, which had its worth ₹35 Lakh ($51,590.00).
On October 4, 2016, Suvigya gifted Sachin Tendulkar with a handmade memento -a custom-made gold-leaved and gold-embossed bat with a 24 carat gold handle at the opening of his show The Art of Royals, reportedly by Times of India.
On May 10, 2017, during The Purpose Tour concert in India, Suvigya Sharma commissioned a life-size oil on canvas portrait for Justin Bieber and presented it to him at St. Regis in Lower Parel, Mumbai. In May, 2017, he commissioned a lifelike portrait for prime minister Narendra Modi.
Collaboration with Make in India
In February 2016, Sharma, was invited to showcase his work for Government of India's initiative Make in India, followed by a live demonstration of Miniature-painting technologies by him.
In June 2016, Suvigya Sharma participated along with artists Uddhav Thackeray, Ajay De, Sudharak Olwe, Brinda Miller, Rajiv Menon in fund raiser art-exhibition for Nargis Dutt Cancer Foundation in Mumbai, which was organized by Priya Dutt.
|2016||The Art of Royals ||Kamalnayan Bajaj Art Gallery|
|2016||Timeless Miniature Art ||ArtDesh Gallery|
|2015||Forever Eternal 'Pichwai||Kamalnayan Bajaj Art Gallery, Nariman Point|
|2014||An Art Collectors Paradise||Cymroza Art Gallery, Breach Candy|
|2013||Illuminations||Kala Ghoda Arts Festival, Mumbai|
|2010||The Golden Era||Breach Candy|
|2009||Mythologies of India||Cymroza Art gallery, Mumbai|
|2007–2009||Open Palm Court||Chennai Art gallery & India Habitat Centre, Delhi|
|2007–2009||The Art of India||Chennai Art gallery & India Habitat Centre, Delhi|
Suvigya's wife name is Charu, and the couple has a son named Abhigya.
In August 2016, Sharma entered in Asia Book of Records and India Book of Records for creating World's first life-size Siddhi Vinayak with 4D effect, a technique that has not been attempted by another artist. In January, 2017, he was appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador of Rajasthan by Smile Foundation.
- Yasmeen Siddiqui (19 September 2015). "बॉलीवुड से लेकर बिजनेस फैमिली खरीद रही हैं इनका मिनिएचर आर्ट". Daily Bhaskar (in Hindi).
- "Kangana Ranaut And Madhoo at Suvigya Sharma's Art Exhibition". Yahoo news. 19 October 2015.
- Banerjee, Kaushani (8 March 2013). "Preserving tradition". DNA India.
- Sharma, Sanjukta (6 July 2013). "Lounge Loves". Livemint.
- "Revive a dying art". Mid Day. 7 February 2016.
- Crystal D'sa (20 March 2015). "Celebrating Good Deeds". Marwar India.
- "Association with Art Galleries & Cultural Institutions : Make in India Week 13-18 Feb, 2016, Mumbai" Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Govt. of India
- "The Timeless Art Of India". Afternoon. 12 February 2016.
- "Make in India Week" Make In India
- s (19 February 2016). "जयपुर के आर्टिस्ट की कलाकृतियाँ 'मेक इन इंडिया वीक' में शामिल". Daily Bhaskar.
- "40 ग्राम गोल्ड से बनी पेंटिंग एशिया बुक ऑफ रिकॉर्ड में हुई शामिल" (in Hindi). Daily Bhaskar. 10 August 2016.
- Rege, Harshada (26 June 2016). "My dream is to open a miniature art school: Suvigya Sharma". DNA India.
- Das, Soma (15 April 2014). "Canvas talk, on World Art Day". Mid Day.
- Khan, Bushra S. (3 Mar 2013). "Painting 'traditionally' out of the box". The Times of India.
- Prabhu, Vidya (1 July 2013). "Ivory Coast". Indian Express.
- Frescoes in the Contemporary & idiom @ Marwar India (magazine) (November–December ed.). Marwar India. 2013. p. 62.
- Sonal Nerurkar (1 June 2013). "Tusk force". Time Crest.
- "Sunny days are here again..." Deccan Herald. 23 May 2014.
- "Paintings of gold". Hindustan Times. 4 March 2013.
- "A brush with the rich and famous". Asian Age. May 24, 2017.
- "Portrait of an artist". Mumbai Mirror. 13 August 2014.
- "From the Chopras' private collection". DNA India. 18 August 2015.
- Rathore, Meenakshi (12 June 2016). "एक्टर संजय ने गिफ्ट की Wife मान्यता को ये पेंटिंग" (in Hindi). Daily Bhaskar.
- "Sanjay Dutt gifts wife Manyata a 24 karat gold Ganesha painting". Hindustan Times. 13 June 2016.
- Rege, Harshada (12 December 2016). "Kangana Ranaut gets a royal avatar in 24-carat gold". Mumbai: Daily News and Analysis.
- "Kangana Ranaut's 24-carat gold portrait is fit for a queen". The Times of India. 12 December 2016.
- "Jaipur artist floors Kangana with exquisite artwork". DNA India. 10 October 2015.
- "35 लाख रुपए की है ये काफी टेबल Book, जानिए ऐसा क्या है इसमें खास" (in Hindi). Daily Bhaskar. 22 May 2016.
- "Rani Mukerji unveils artist Suvigya Sharma's latest collection in Mumbai". The Times of India. 27 September 2014.
- "Sachin gets a unique gift". Mumbai: The Times of India. 6 October 2016.
- "Sachin Tendulkar inaugurates Art of the Royals exhibition". The Times of India. 4 October 2016.
- "24K gold paintings by Suvigya Sharma". News Nation.
- "Rani Mukerji to attend upcoming art exhibit". The Times of India. 24 September 2014.
- "Rani Mukerji at an art exhibition". Filmfare. 26 September 2014.
- "Kangana unveils Forever Eternal Pichwais". Navbharat Times. 19 October 2015.
- "Makes a change from fashion! Kangana Ranaut supports young artist Suvigya Sharma at exhibition opening". Daily Mail. 19 October 2015.
- "Kangana Ranaut takes break from filmy parties to attend art exhibition". India Today. 20 October 2015.
- "Pichwai paintings by Suvigya Sharma". Afternoon. 16 October 2015.
- "Worth its weight in gold". Mid Day. 22 May 2016.
- "Artist Suvigya commissions a boxing portrait for Justin Bieber". Indiatimes.com. May 10, 2017.
- "Suvigya Sharma unveiled hyperreal boxing portrait for Justin Bieber". Times of India. May 11, 2017.
- "Suvigya Sharma unveiled Hyperreal Boxing Portrait for Justin Bieber". Asian News International. May 10, 2017.
- "Prime Minister Narendra Modi meets miniature artist Suvigya Sharma". New Delhi: Asian News International. May 23, 2017.
- "प्रधानमंत्री मोदी को जयपुर के युवा का गिफ्ट, जानें..." (in Hindi). Amar Ujala. May 24, 2017.
- "All The Art From Make In India Week". Verve. 18 February 2016.
- "Artist displays for Make in India". Navbharat Times. 19 February 2016.
- "City artist's creation floors Manyata". DNA Syndication. 13 June 2016.
- Sharma, Yukti (21 May 2016). "For the love of art". Jaipur: DNA India.
- Batra, Kopal (9 August 2016). "Framed in gold". DNA India.
- "Suvigya's designs for you". DNA Syndication. January 5, 2017.