Suzhou New District
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
The Suzhou New District (simplified Chinese: 苏州新区; traditional Chinese: 蘇州新區; pinyin: Sūzhōu xīnqū) is one of the specially designated regions for technological and industrial development in China. The district covers an area of 52 km2 and is located 5 km west of Suzhou, in the Jiangsu province.
The district is managed by the New High-Tech Industrial Company Ltd. (simplified Chinese: 苏州新区高新技术产业股份有限公司; traditional Chinese: 蘇州新區高新技術產業股份有限公司; pinyin: Sūzhōu xīnqū gāoxīn jìshù chǎnyè gǔfèn yǒuxiàn gōngsī), which, in turn, is owned by the Suzhou government.
Suzhou New District was established by the Central People's Government on November 18, 1992. It was one of the first industry parks opened to attract foreign investors from APEC countries. It served as an export base for technology-related services and products in China.
In 2003, the district's total output value is 25.1 billion yuan. Industrial sales of 70.06 billion yuan, The local budget revenue was 1.53 billion yuan and export of 8.76 billion USD. Up to the end of 2003, the district has attracted a total of over 800 foreign projects including 40 multinational corporations. Foreign investment has reached over 6 billion USD while the actually utilized investment reached 3.4 billion USD. The district attracts many different types of industries, including consumer electronics, information technology, precision instruments, biotechnology, and pharmaceuticals.
The Suzhou New District was the first APEC hi-tech development zone to be approved by the Foreign Ministry and Science and Technology Ministry and receive ISO 14000 certification. The National Bureau of Environmental Protection conferred it the title "ISO 14000 National Demonstration Zone".
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2015)|
- "Suzhou Promotes High-tech". People's Daily Online. 2001. Retrieved January 25, 2008.
- "苏州新区高新技术产业股份有限公司". 2008. Retrieved January 25, 2008.
- "National Level EDZ - Suzhou New & Hi-tech District & Huqiu District". Suzhou China. 2008. Retrieved January 25, 2008.
- "Brief in Suzhou New District". Suzhou Library. 2008. Archived from the original on September 30, 2007. Retrieved January 25, 2008.
- "お問い合わせ." Japanese School of Suzhou. Retrieved on January 14, 2015. "〒215011 中華人民共和国江蘇省蘇州市高新区淮海街79号" - Map
- Suzhou National New and Hi-Tech industrial Development Zone
- Brief overview of the Suzhou New District in English
- National Level EDZ—Suzhou New and Hi-tech District & Huqiu District
- Suzhou New District and New High-Tech Industrial Company, Limited
- Jordan Suchow, org. regional tech operator