This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016)
|Also called||Suzuki Skywave (Japan)|
Suzuki Burgman Street (UB125)
|Transmission||V-belt (400); CVT (650)|
|Seat height||28 to 29.5 inches (710–750 mm)|
|Weight||Burgman 125: 159 kg (351 lb)|
Burgman 400: 222 kg (489 lb)
Burgman 650: 269 kg (593 lb) (dry)
|Fuel capacity||11 L (2.4 imp gal; 2.9 US gal) to 15 L (3.3 imp gal; 4.0 US gal)|
Launched in 1998, the original model line-up consisted of the AN250 and AN400Y models. In 2002 the AN250 was dropped, replaced by the European-legislation compliant for learner-license purposes UH125. However, the AN250 continued to be released in other countries. The UH prefix was used on this model due to a current model of non Burgman heritage still being produced. This is the AN125 and bears no resemblance nor lineage with the Burgman series.
In 2002, the fuel injected AN2 series was launched in UH125, AN400 and AN650 (L2) variants. With a redesigned fairing package allowing for better lighting, more storage capacity and 1litre more fuel capacity, there was also the option for ABS on the AN400 and AN650 models. The AN400 was available in USA markets in 2002 and the following year the AN650 (L3) came to USA. Changes to the eCVT and computer on the AN650 (L5) in 2005.
In 2004, Suzuki launched an up-market AN650A Executive (Non-USA), which involved a full ABS and accessories package.
Burgman 400 had a few models
2005-2006? Burgman 400S became available, featured chrome handle bars, a lower sport like bike windshield, and white and red gauges
in 2007 the 400 was updated from a 13" to a 14" front wheel, dual disc brakes in the front
In 2018 the Burgman 400 was totally redesigned 
- UH125 Burgman 125 (2002-present) - often mistakenly identified as AN125 (an earlier Suzuki model which shares none of the Burgman traits). Whereas a Burgman UH125 is classed as a maxi-scooter, AN125 is a scooter. Suzuki Burgman is one of the fastest motorbikes regarding 125 cc and is quite comfortable.
- UB125 Burgman Street 125 (2018-present) - a Burgman maxi-scooter family built in India based on Suzuki Access, completely different and smaller than UH125.
- UH150 Burgman 150 (2002-2006)
- UH200 Burgman 200 (2007-present)
- AN250 Burgman 250 (1998-2017)
- AN400 Burgman 400 (1999-present)
- AN400 Burgman 400 ABS
- AN650 Burgman 650 (2002-2018)
- AN650A Burgman 650 Executive - this package typically adds ABS (Antilock Braking System), an electric adjustable windshield, electric adjustable folding mirrors, passenger backrest, chrome bar ends and chrome muffler cover. In Canada and Europe, heated hand grips and heated seats are also part of the Executive package.
Experimentals and limited editions
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Suzuki Burgman.|