The Suzuki Recursion is a turbocharged concept motorcycle shown by Suzuki at the 2013 Tokyo Auto Show. The engine is a 588 cc parallel-twin with intercooled turbo and traction control system. Kevin Cameron described its power delivery in Cycle World as "the torque of a liter-bike, given across a three-times-wider band and packaged into a light middleweight", and Gizmag's Mike Hanlon compared it to a Buell V-twin.
Visordown.com said the intercooler was positioned under the saddle. It is unclear if this would be carried forward in a production motorcycle; other production models with under-tail exhausts and radiators (Benelli Tornado) have been criticized for un-ergonomic heat management.[notes 1][notes 2][notes 3]
- Burns 2010: "[U]ndertail exhaust and poor heat management meant 'the rider's right shin gets roasted...'"
- Ash 2004: "The underseat exhaust might look sexy but my backside was roasting after an hour on board..."
- LeSanto 2002: "[R]iding slowly up and down the main street for photos put stacks of heat into the engine, the clutch and because of that under-seat radiator the rider! The water temp hit maximum, the clutch got grabby and I sweated off several pounds. Benelli put the radiator under the seat to allow for a streamlined front end for the machine and to optimise weight distribution, but it had a difficult time keeping the temperatures in check..."
- Wes Siler (October 29, 2013), Suzuki Recursion concept, RideApart
- Mike Hanlon (November 21, 2013), Suzuki's Recursion – a Buell by any other name, Gizmag
- Kevin Cameron (October 29, 2013), "Suzuki Recursion first look", Cycle World
- Turbo-charged Suzuki concept, Visordown, October 30, 2013
- John Burns (May 1, 2010), "2011 Triumph Sprint GT – first look", Cycle World
- Kevin Ash (February 14, 2004), "A lean, hard beauty [Yamaha R1 review]", The Daily Telegraph
- Glenn LeSanto (November 12, 2002), 2003 Benelli Tornado, Motorcycle USA
- Carter Edman (December 11, 2013), Has the turbo finally arrived?, RideApart
- Florin Tibu (October 30, 2013), Suzuki Recursion, the Turbocharged Middleweight Sportbike, Autoevolution
- Jensen Beeler (October 29, 2013), Suzuki Recursion Concept: Bring on the Turbo!, Asphalt & Rubber
|This motorcycle, scooter or moped-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|