This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kendall in Story of a Cloistered Nun (1973)
Freda Harriet Harrison
1 January 1944
(m. 1968; div. 1972)
Suzy Kendall (born Freda Harriet Harrison, 1 January 1944; some sources indicate 1937) is a retired British actress best known for her film roles in the late 1960s and early 1970s.
Born in Belper, Derbyshire, Kendall attended Derby & District College of Art where she studied painting and design. She was a fabric designer at British Celanese and then became a photographic model before becoming an actress. She initially appeared in supporting roles before progressing to female leads in a number of British films in the 1960s. In the early 1970s, she appeared in several Italian giallo thrillers before returning to Britain and played supporting roles in a few more films until her retirement from screen acting in 1977.
Following the divorce she remarried shortly afterwards to Sandy Harper. Moore was godfather to her daughter Elodie. In 2002 she hosted a memorial service for Moore attended by her second husband and daughter.
In 2012, Kendall made her first film appearance in 35 years in Berberian Sound Studio, billed in some sources as the mother of the lead character Gilderoy, played by Toby Jones, though the end credits on the film list her as "special guest screamer". The film is about a sound engineer working on an Italian horror film, which alludes to several appearances Kendall made in Italian genre films during the 1970s.
- The Liquidator (1965) - Judith
- Thunderball (1965) - Prue (uncredited)
- Up Jumped a Swagman (1965) - Melissa Smythe-Fury
- Circus of Fear (1966) - Natasha
- The Sandwich Man (1966) - Sue
- To Sir, with Love (1967) - Gillian Blanchard
- The Penthouse (1967) - Barbara Willason
- Up the Junction (1968) - Polly
- 30 Is a Dangerous Age, Cynthia (1968) - Louise Hammond
- Fräulein Doktor (1969) - Fraülein Doktor
- The Gamblers (1970) - Candace
- The Bird with the Crystal Plumage (1970) - Julia
- Darker Than Amber (1970) - Vangie / Merrimay
- Assault (aka In the Devil's Garden) (1971) - Julie West
- Fear Is the Key (1972) - Sarah Ruthven
- Torso (1973) - Jane
- Tales That Witness Madness (1973) - Ann / Beatrice (segment 2 "Penny Farthing")
- Story of a Cloistered Nun (1973)
- Spasmo (1974) - Barbara
- Craze (1974) - Sally
- To the Bitter End (1975) - Joan Jordan
- Adventures of a Private Eye (1977) - Laura
- Berberian Sound Studio (2012) - Special Guest Screamer
- The Spies (1 episode, 1966) - Polly Katt
- The Persuaders! (1 episode, 1971) - Kay Hunter
- Van der Valk (1 episode, 1977) - Marijka
- "From humble beginnings to Hollywood". BBC News. 27 March 2002. Retrieved 29 December 2009.
- Berberian Sound Studio – review The Observer, written by Philip French,2 September 2012.Retrieved 1 April 2013.