Rotevatn was elected MP from the Sogn og Fjordane county constituency in the Norwegian parliamentary election, 2013. He failed to win re-election in the Norwegian parliamentary election, 2017, but was later appointed State Secretary to the Department of Justice and Public Security when the Liberal Party went into coalition government with the Conservative Party and the Progress Party on 17 January 2018.
- "Sveinung Rotevatn - Stortingskandidat for V i Sogn og Fjordane".
- Christoffer Torris Olsen (2010-10-17). "Sveinung Rotevatn ny leder i Unge Venstre". Retrieved 18 October 2010.
- "Tord Hustveit ny leder i Unge Venstre" (in Norwegian). Aftenposten. 26 October 2013. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "Politikk og sirkus". 2013-08-30. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- Representantprognose for Sogn og Fjordane Kommunal- og regionaldepartementet, September 10, 2013
| Leader of Young Liberals of Norway