Sven Erik Jørgensen
Also a well known biathlon person.
Academic degrees and honors
In 1958, he was awarded Master of Science in chemical engineering from the Technical University of Denmark, then Doctor of Environmental Engineerin (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) and Doctor of Science in ecological modelling (University of Copenhagen). He taught courses in ecological modelling in 32 countries. After his retirement, he became professor emeritus in environmental chemistry at the University of Copenhagen.
He was an honourable doctor at Coimbra University, Portugal and at University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania He received several awards: Ruđer Bošković award, Prigogine Prize, Blaise Pascal Medal , Einstein professorship at the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Santa Chiara Prize for multidisciplinary teaching. In 2004, together with William J. Mitsch, he was awarded the Stockholm Water Prize. 
He published 366 papers of which 275 were in peer-reviewed international journals, and edited or authored 76 books, of which several have been translated into other languages (Chinese, Russian, Spanish, and Portuguese).
In 2011, he authored a textbook in ecological modeling “Fundamentals of Ecological Modelling”, which was published as a fourth edition together with Brian D. Fath of the Department of Biological Sciences, Towson University. It has been translated into Chinese and Russian (third edition). He was co-editor in chief of the "Encyclopedia of Ecology" published in 2008, and of the "Encyclopedia of Environmental Management" published during December 2012. He co-authored the textbook “Introduction to Systems Ecology, published in English in 2012 and in Chinese in 2013. 
He was the editorial board member of 18 international journals in the fields of ecology and environmental management. He was the president of ISEM and was elected to the European Academy of Sciences and Arts, for which he was chairman of the Section for Environmental Sciences.
- Irene Tarimo – Tanzanian scientist, biologist and educator
- Tolly Mbwette – Tanzanian academic (1956-2020)
- Villy Christensen – Canadian biologist
- Toni Camacho. "Professor Sven Erik Jorgensen". European Academy of Sciences. Retrieved May 1, 2020.
- "Einstein Professorship Program Chinese Academy of Sciences". Institute of Urban Environment, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Retrieved May 1, 2020.
- "Sven Erik Jørgensen and William J. Mitsc". Stockholm International Water Institute. Retrieved May 1, 2020.
- "About ISEM". International Society for Ecological Modelling. Retrieved May 1, 2020.
- "Sven Erik Jørgensen". Routledge & CRC Press. Retrieved May 1, 2020.
- Brian D. Fath. "In Memoriam of Dr. Sven Erik Jørgensen". Retrieved May 1, 2020.
- "Ecological Models that Adapt", Denmark.dk, Retrieved May 4, 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sven Erik Jørgensen.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Sven Erik Jørgensen|