Sven Wollter in 2014.
Sven Justus Fredrik Wollter|
11 January 1934
Maja-Brita Mossberg (m. 1956–1958)|
Annie Jenhoff (m. 1960–1967)
Lisa Wede (m. 2003)
Evabritt Strandberg (engage 1966–1970)|
(1971–2001; her death)
Ylva (with Jenhoff)|
Stina (with Jenhoff)
Lina (with Strandberg)
Karl (with Seldahl)
Magnus (with Lindgren)
|Relatives||Karl-Anders Wollter (brother)|
Wollter has starred in many films such as The Sacrifice, The Man on the Roof, The Man from Majorca, House of Angels and Jerusalem, based on the novel by Selma Lagerlöf. For his roles in The Man from Majorca and Sista leken he won the award for Best Actor at the 20th Guldbagge Awards.
He has been in TV series such as Natives of Hemsö based on the novel by August Strindberg and Raskens from 1976, based on the novel by Vilhelm Moberg, which helped launch Wollter's career. In later years he has played Van Veeteren in Håkan Nesser's thriller series. He has also been in many plays.
Wollter has been active as an artist in the Swedish communist movement since his youth and is a longtime member of the Swedish Communist Party (formerly KPML(r)). His activities include Fria Proteatern and the successful Tältprojektet, The Tent Project, a musical theater performance on the history of the Swedish working class that toured the country the summer of 1977.
Wollter has five children; Ylva (1962–92) and Stina Wollter (born 1964) together with Annie Jenhoff, Lina Wollter together with Evabritt Strandberg, Karl Seldahl (born 1975) together with Viveka Seldahl and the youngest child Magnus. Since 2003 he's married to Lisa Wede.
- Ericson, Uno; Engström, Klas, eds. (1993). Myggans nöjeslexikon: ett uppslagsverk om underhållning. 13, Rundr-Tall (in Swedish). Höganäs: Bra böcker. p. 185. ISBN 91-7752-271-0. LIBRIS 7665091.
- "Sven Wollter" (in Swedish). Swedish Film Institute. Retrieved 2010-02-22.
- "Mannen från Mallorca (1984)". Swedish Film Institute. 9 March 2014.
- Nyheter, SVT. "Leninpriset 2018 till Wollter". SVT Nyheter (in Swedish). Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- "Sven Wollter åter Van Veeteren". folkbladet.se. Retrieved 2016-02-18.