This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||December 23, 1975|
|Education||PhD in psychology, 2006, Aarhus University|
|Alma mater||Aarhus University|
|Known for||Orcid: http://orcid.org/0000-0001-7579-1212|
|Fields||Psychology, philosophical psychology, moral psychology, ethics and cultural critique|
|Institutions||Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark|
Svend Brinkmann is a Danish Professor of Psychology in the Department of Communication and Psychology at Aalborg University, Denmark. He serves as a co-director of the Center for Qualitative Studies. His research is particularly concerned with philosophical, moral, and methodological issues in psychology and other human and social sciences. In recent years, Svend Brinkmann has been studying the impact of psychiatric diagnoses on individuals and society.
Svend Brinkmann received his BA in philosophy in 1999 from Aarhus University. In 2000, he received his BSc in psychology. In 2002, Svend Brinkmann graduated as an MSc in psychology, and in 2006 he was awarded a PhD degree in psychology from Aarhus University.
Past and current positions
This article may need to be rewritten to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards, as section. (September 2016)
From 2006 to 2009, Svend Brinkmann was employed as an assistant professor in social and personality psychology at the Department of Psychology and Behavioral Science at Aarhus University. Following his tenure at Aarhus University, Svend Brinkmann became a Professor with specific responsibilities at the Department of Communication and Psychology at Aalborg University. In 2010 he was appointed professor in general psychology and qualitative methods, which is his current position.
During his career, Svend Brinkmann has been a visiting professor at the New School for Social Research, New York, King's College, London, and Universita Cattolica, Milan, Italy. In addition to his position at Aalborg University, Svend Brinkmann works as a book reviewer (2012-) and columnist (2015-) at the Danish newspaper Politiken. Svend Brinkmann was involved in the Danish radio programme "Netværket på P1" from 2009-2016 and as a TV presenter in the Danish television show "Lev Stærkt" on DRK in 2014.
Svend Brinkmann has been a member of the forum “Advancing sociocultural psychology in Europe” since 2008. In 2015, Svend Brinkmann received two Danish communication awards, the Rosenkjær prize and Gyldendal's communication prize. Gyldendal's communication prize was shared with his colleague Lene Tanggaard, and was awarded for their many publications from Hans Reitzel Publishers. In 2016 Svend Brinkmann was awarded the Hadsten Højskole Prize 2016. During his career as a professor, Svend Brinkmann has acted the supervisor of nine different PhD theses.
Svend Brinkmann has written or edited more than 25 books and more than 150 scientific articles and book chapters in seven different languages.
Svend Brinkmann has been author or co-author on several books, many of which have been translated into English. A list of his books is presented below:
- John Dewey (2007) ISBN 9788741202396
- Identitet (2008) ISBN 9788779556003
- Psykens historier i Danmark (with Peter Triantafillou, 2008) ISBN 9788759313992
- Psyken (2009) ISBN 9788779343870
- Det diagnosticerede liv (2010) ISBN 9788771299021
- Nye perspektiver på stress (with Malene Friis Andersen, 2013) ISBN 9788771291674
- Kvalitativ udforskning af hverdagslivet (2013) ISBN 9788741256634
- Det kvalitative interview (2014) ISBN 9788741258645
- Stå fast (2014) ISBN 9788702161755
- Kvalitative metoder (with Lene Tanggaard, 2015) ISBN 9788741259048
- Interview (with Steinar Kvale, 2015, 3. udgave) ISBN 9788741263779
- Diagnoser. Perspektiver, kritik og diskussion (with Anders Petersen, 2015) ISBN 9788771296495
- Positiv og negativ psykologi (with Hans Henrik Knoop, 2016) ISBN 9788702193855
- Selvrealisering (with Cecilie Eriksen, 2016) ISBN 9788771299038
- Ståsteder (2016) ISBN 9788702192223
- Gå Glip (2017) ISBN 9788702245349
- The Joy of Missing Out: The Art of Self-Restraint in an Age of Excess (2019) ISBN 9781509531578
- "Svend Brinkmann — Aalborg Universitets forskningsportal" (in Danish). Personprofil.aau.dk. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- "svendbrinkmann". Sites.google.com. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- "Svend Brinkmann — Aalborg University's Research Portal". Personprofil.aau.dk. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- "Biografi - Kraks Blå Bog". Blaabog.dk. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- "Psykologi-professor med nej-hat får Rosenkjærprisen 2015 | Nyt fra DR | DR". Dr.dk. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- "vis". Kommunikation.aau.dk. 2015-09-25. Retrieved 2020-04-06.