Sveta Nedelja, Zagreb County
Church of the Holy Trinity in Sveta Nedelja
|• Mayor||Dario Zurovec (Ind.)|
|• Total||52,6 km2 (203 sq mi)|
|• Density||34/km2 (89/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Website||Grad Sveta Nedelja|
Sveta Nedelja is situated west of Zagreb near the town of Samobor. The name of the town means "Holy Sunday". It is connected to the city by the A3 (Zagreb-Bregana) highway, which passes northwest-southeast through the town, and Franjo Tuđman Road going east-west towards the Podsused Bridge.
- Bestovje, population 2,402
- Brezje, population 1,506
- Jagnjić Dol, population 486
- Kalinovica, population 385
- Kerestinec, population 1,433
- Mala Gorica, population 623
- Novaki, population 2,091
- Orešje, population 1,043
- Rakitje, population 2,301
- Srebrnjak, population 128
- Strmec, population 3,907
- Sveta Nedelja, population 1,338
- Svetonedeljski Breg, population 177
- Žitarka, population 239
City government, health-service, post office are the part of infrastructure of Sveta Nedelja. Head of the City government is a Mayor (current mayor is Drago Prahin) with head city administration.
Rimac Automobili has its headquarters in the town. It is also the wealthiest municipality in Zagreb County and one of the wealthiest municipalities in the country and with most registered small enterprises in the country.
Monuments and Sightseeing
There are several monuments and buildings for sightseers in the Town of Sveta Nedelja:
- baroquesqe Holy Trinity parish church and parish house in Sveta Nedelja
- The old parish house "Crkvenjak" in Sveta Nedelja
- St. Rocco chapel in Sveta Nedelja
- Medieval Erdödy castle in Kerestinec
- old mansions in Brezje and Rakitje
- baroqueske St. Andrew chapel in Novaki
- St Mary Magdalena chapel in Mala Gorica
- Monument to the victims of communist crimes
Primary education in Sveta Nedelja is covered by the Sveta Nedelja Elementary School and its three branch offices in Kerestinec, Rakitje and Strmec. Another branch office is located in Rakov Potok in the Stupnik municipality.
- "Population by Age and Sex, by Settlements, 2011 Census: Sveta Nedelja". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- No ideology can bring any good
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sveta Nedelja, Zagreb County.|