|• District Nazim||Ameer Rehman|
|• Total||1,543 km2 (596 sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+5)|
|Number of Tehsils||5|
Swabi District (Pashto: سوابۍ,Urdu: صوابی) is a district in the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. It lies between the Indus and Kabul Rivers. Before becoming a district in 1988, it was a tehsil within Mardan District. 96% of the population has Pashto as the first language.
People from Swabi District
- Sahibzada Abdul Qayyum, founder of Islamia College University
- Karnal Sher Khan, military officer
- Khan Roshan Khan, historian
- Muhammad Arshad Khan, artist
- Junaid Khan, Pakistan test cricketer (fast-medium bowler)
- Yasir Shah, Pakistan test cricketer (leg break bowler)
- Asad Qaiser, Speaker Of KP Assembly
- Nigar Johar, Major General Pakistan Army
- 1998 District Census report of Swabi. Census publication. 83. Islamabad: Population Census Organization, Statistics Division, Government of Pakistan. 2000.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Swabi District.|