Swami Keshwanand Rajasthan Agricultural University
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Rajasthan Agricultural University|
|Vice-Chancellor||Balu Ram Chhipa|
|Location||Bikaner, Rajasthan, India|
Swami Keshwanand Rajasthan Agricultural University (SKRAU), formerly Rajasthan Agricultural University, is a state agricultural university located in Bikaner in the Indian state Rajasthan. The university, formerly a part of the Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur became a separate entity in 1987 through Rajasthan Agriculture University, Bikaner Act, 1987. It was renamed after freedom fighter and social reformer Swami Keshwanand in 2009.
Campuses and colleges
This section does not cite any sources. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The constitute colleges include:
- College of Agriculture, Bikaner
- College of Community Science, Bikaner
- Institute of Agribusiness Management, Bikaner
- Academic Staff College cum Distance Education Centre, Bikaner
- S.K.N. College of Agriculture, Jobner
- College of Agriculture, Lalsot (Dausa)
The university is authorized to provide instruction in Agriculture and Allied Sciences which include Horticulture, Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Home Science and Agri-Business Management. It has also been authorized in other fields of agricultural learning, which the University may deem fit. It is empowered to maintain academic institutions, dealing with agriculture, veterinary and animal sciences, home science, agri-business management, etc., to carry out instruction in these faculties, hold examinations, and confer degrees, diplomas, pertaining to professional qualifications.
- "Vice Chancellor". raubikaner.org. Swami Keshwanand Rajasthan Agricultural University. Retrieved 31 January 2018.
- "List of State Universities as on 29.06.2017" (PDF). University Grants Commission. 29 June 2017. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- "Universities". Indian Council of Agricultural Research. Archived from the original on 18 August 2011. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- "Rajasthan Agriculture University, Bikaner Act, 1987 with amendments" (PDF). Government of Rajasthan. Retrieved 23 July 2017.
- "About Swami Keshwanand". raubikaner.org. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
- "Fifth Dean's Committee Report" (PDF). Indian Council of Agricultural Research. 2017-02-22. Retrieved 2017-08-07.
|This article about a university or college in Rajasthan, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|