Swami Vivekananda Airport
|Swami Vivekananda Airport|
|Owner||Government of India|
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Elevation AMSL||317 m / 1,041 ft|
|Statistics (April 2017 - March 2018)|
Swami Vivekananda Airport (IATA: RPR, ICAO: VERP), formerly known as Raipur Airport, is the primary airport serving the state of Chhattisgarh, India. The airport is located at Mana between Raipur (15 km (9.3 mi)) and Naya Raipur 10 km (6.2 mi). It is the 29th busiest airport in India by passenger traffic and 32nd busiest by aircraft movement.
Swami Vivekananda Airport has a single runway—Runway 06/24—measuring 2,286 m (7,500 ft) in length and 45 m (148 ft) in width.
The apron has five parking bays that can accommodate A320/B737 category of aircraft and a helipad. The airport is equipped with category VI firefighting and rescue capability with provisions for category VII on demand.
New integrated terminal
The new integrated terminal was inaugurated on 7 November 2012 by then President of India Pranab Mukherjee. Built at a cost of approx. ₹158 crore (US$22 million), the building covers an area of 18,500 m2 (4.6 acres). It is designed to handle 1300 passengers at a time, excluding 400 international passengers.
The Common User Domestic Cargo Terminal (CUDCT) was inaugurated on 4 June 2016, fulfilling the long pending demand of the state to start air cargo operations. The AAI has converted the old terminal building into CUDCT to handle cargo operations. Ahmedabad based GSEC Limited has bagged the contract to operate and maintain the CUDCT for an initial period of five years.
Airlines and destinations
|Air India||Delhi, Mumbai, Nagpur, Visakhapatnam|
|Alliance Air||Bhopal, Jaipur|
|IndiGo||Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Indore, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Patna, Srinagar|
|Jet Airways||Delhi, Mumbai|
The airport is located at a distance of 16 kilometres (9.9 mi) from Raipur Junction railway station and 14 kilometres (8.7 mi) from Pandri bus terminal. It is well connected by Raipur and Naya Raipur BRTS and cabs. In addition, the Raipur Urban Public Transport Society operates direct air-conditioned city buses to the neighbouring cities of Bhilai and Durg, via Raipur. [Private Cabs] OLA is available on departure and arrival gates. Private taxi services are also available
- "Traffic News for the month of March 2017: Annexure-III" (PDF). Airports Authority of India. 27 April 2017. p. 3. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 April 2017. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "Traffic News for the month of March 2017: Annexure-II" (PDF). Airports Authority of India. 27 April 2017. p. 3. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 April 2017. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "Traffic News for the month of March 2017: Annexure-IV" (PDF). Airports Authority of India. 27 April 2017. p. 3. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 April 2017. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "Airports Authority of India". www.aai.aero. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Renaming of Mana Airport at Raipur in Chhattisgarh as "Swami Vivekanand Airport, Raipur"". pib.nic.in. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Airports Authority of India, Technical Information". www.aai.aero. Archived from the original on 2009-02-16. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Pranab hopes Raipur airport's new terminal will support Chhattisgarh's growth". The Hindu. 2012-11-08. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "Airports Authority of India, Passenger Information". www.aai.aero. Archived from the original on 2009-02-16. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- Share on FacebookShare on Twitter (2016-06-04). "Cargo terminal inaugurated at Raipur airport | Raipur News - Times of India". M.timesofindia.com. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "Eight AC city buses from the airport to Durg had permits". naidunia. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Raipur Airport.|