Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana or S-VYASA or SVYASA is a Category 'A' deemed university located in Bangalore, India. The university is dedicated to the study of yoga based on the teachings of Swami Vivekananda. Dr. B R Ramakrishna is the current Vice Chancellor of the university.
SVYASA specialised in two fields: Yoga Research and Yoga Therapy  S-VYASA main campus Prashanti Kutiram is located at Vivekananda Road, Kalluballu Post, Jigani, Anekal, Bengaluru.
University has 5 major divisions:
- Division of Yoga – Spirituality
- Division of Yoga & Life Sciences
- Division of Yoga & Physical Sciences
- Division of Yoga & Management Studies
- Division of Yoga & Humanities
SVYASA offers both regular classroom courses and distance education programs.
- PhD (Yoga)*Doctor of Philosophy in Yoga,
- M.D. (Yoga & Rehabilitation),
- M.Sc. (Yoga Therapy),
- M.Sc. (Yoga & Consciousness),
- Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy (PGDYT)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy for (Doctors) PGDYT(D),
- B. Sc (Yoga Therapy)B. Sc (Yoga & Consciousness),
- BNYS (Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences),
- Ayurveda Naturopathy Therapist Training Course (ANTTC),
- Yoga Instructor Course (YIC)
|Title of Programme||Short Title of Programme||Eligibility||Course Duration||Contact Programme Duration|
|Yoga Instructor’s Course||YIC||12 years of Education or 12th Pass||6 months- 1 year||7 days|
|Bachelor of Science Yoga||BSc(Y)||12 years of Education or 12th Pass + YIC||3 –6 years||49 days|
|Bachelor of Science Yoga Education||BSc(Y&E)||12 years of Education or 12th Pass +YIC||3– 6 years||49 days|
|Master of Science Yoga||MSc (Y)||Any Graduation PLUS YIC||2 years - 4 years||35 days|
|Master of Science Yoga Education||MSc (Y&E)||Any Graduation PLUS YIC||2 years - 4 years||35 days|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy||PGDYT||Any Graduation PLUS YIC||15 months - 3 years||14 days|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy for Doctors||PGDYTD||Any Medical Graduation PLUS YIC||1 year- 3 years||14 days|
University campus includes a health center (Arogyadhama) which uses self healing techniques based on research by S-VYASA. Yoga and detoxification by Ayurveda and Naturopathy are offered to normal persons to move towards higher abilities at physical (beauty, fitness, immune stamina, eye sight), mental (better concentration, IQ, memory, emotional stability), social (healthy interpersonal relationship), emotional (mastery over anger, fear, anxiety and depression) and spiritual levels (inner joy with right knowledge and confidence).
- SVYASA initiated Stop Diabetes Movement  based on 30 years of research on Yoga Therapy of the university
The Union Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yasso Naik had claimed that "It is a proven fact. We have visited the Bengaluru-based Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (S-VYASA) institute, where many people told us they have been cured of cancer by regular practice of yoga. The institute has found a technique of yoga for the prevention and cure of cancer".
Further, it was claimed that Yoga-based cure for diseases such as diabetes and cancer is on its way, according to Union Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Naik.
- Hasmukh Adhia, the current Finance Secretary for the Government of India in the Narendra Modi government.
- Deemed University recognition letter
- Award of category 'A'
- VC’s Voice
- "NIMHANS strengthening brain research to improve treatment modalities in mental-neuro disorders".
- "SVYASA Yoga University".
- "Fighting Diabetes Through Yoga National Movement Launch by Sewa International and SVYASA".