|Directed by||David Winning|
|Screenplay by||Gary Dauberman|
Ethlie Ann Vare
|Story by||Gary Dauberman|
|Produced by||Irene Litinsky|
|Edited by||Simon Webb|
|Music by||James Gelfand|
|Distributed by||Genius Entertainment|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2014)
Melanie Blaime returns to her hometown of Gibbington, Vermont because her father, a former sheriff, is wanted for multiple murders. Jimmy Fuller wants to help find her father, and it looks as if something incredibly sinister is responsible for the corpses in Gibbington the creature known is swamp devil.
- Bruce Dern as Howard Blaime
- Cindy Sampson as Melanie Blaime
- Nicolas Wright as Jimmy Fuller
- Robert Higden as Jones
- Allison Graham as Deputy Jolene Harris
- James Kidnie as Sheriff Nelson Bois
- Bronwen Mantel as Shelly
- Kwasi Songui as Bigg
- Mary-Pier Gaudet as Lisa Jones
- Jenna Wheeler-Hughes as Young Dream Girl
- Marc Viger Denis as Young Howard Blaime
The film was completely shot in Montréal, Québec and actor Bruce Dern broke his leg on camera running in the woods, one week into the three-week shoot. He finished the film on crutches and using various photo doubles and camera tricks.
Justin Felix, of DVD Talk, said that if you like your horror cheap and dumb - and don't have access to the Sci-Fi Channel - then this is worth a rental. Michael Simpson, of CinemaSpy, said that the film is a cheesy, predictable but entertaining chiller that isn't likely to scare the pants off anyone in their teens or older and that Winning's direction created enough suspense that such cliches were unnecessary. A Fangoria review says that the film pulls no punches about what it is—a throwaway monster flick that borrows heavily from Swamp Thing and the vine-attack sequence from Evil Dead II.
- Official website
- Calgary Herald interview January 19, 2009
- Film Intuition: Review Database: DVD Review: Swamp Devil (2008)
- H. Harris, Mark. "'Swamp Devil' DVD Review". About.com. Retrieved January 15, 2010.
- Felix, Justin (March 7, 2009). "Swamp Devil". DVD Talk. Retrieved January 15, 2010.
- Simpson, Michael (June 10, 2009). "'Swamp Devil' (DVD)". CinemaSpy. Retrieved January 15, 2010.
- De Lorde, André (August 15, 2008). "SWAMP DEVIL (Film Review)". Fangoria. Archived from the original on January 14, 2010. Retrieved January 15, 2010.