Swanbourne railway station, Perth
Eastbound view in July 2005
|Location||Claremont Crescent, Swanbourne
|Owned by||Public Transport Authority|
|Distance||10.4 kilometres from Perth|
99291 (platform 1)
99292 (platform 2)
|Opened||1 March 1904|
Swanbourne railway station is a railway station on the Transperth network. It is located on the Fremantle line, 10.4 kilometres from Perth station serving the suburbs of Swanbourne, Claremont and Cottesloe.
Swanbourne station opened on 1 March 1904 as Congdon Street. It was renamed Osborne in 1912 before finally being renamed Swanbourne in 1921. The last change was at the request of the Commissioner of Railways to eliminate confusion with Osborne Park in the city's north-west.
|99291||1||Fremantle||All stations, A, S||Perth|
|Stop||Route||Destination / description||Notes|
| Claremont Crescent (east bound)||906||Rail replacement service to Perth station|
| Claremont Crescent (west bound)||906||Rail replacement service to Fremantle station|
- "Congdon Street Railway Station". The Daily News. Perth: National Library of Australia. 13 October 1903. p. 5. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "News and Notes". The West Australian. Perth, WA. 2 March 1904. p. 4. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "Our City Letter". The Midlands Advertiser. Moora, WA. 12 April 1912. p. 5. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "Osborne Railway Station". The West Australian. Perth: National Library of Australia. 27 December 1920. p. 7. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "The Passing of Osborne". The West Australian. Perth. 31 January 1921. p. 4. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- History of Stations on the Fremantle Line Right Track
- Our History Public Transport Authority
- Fremantle Line Timetable Transperth 31 January 2016
- Understanding Australia's urban railways Bureau of Infrastructure Transport & Regional Economics July 2012 page 12
Media related to Swanbourne railway station, Perth at Wikimedia Commons
|Preceding station||Transperth Trains network||Following station|
All, A, S