Swans brand logo
|Owner||Yamamoto Kogaku, Co., Ltd.|
|Tagline||Protecting for You|
|Headquarters||Higashiosaka City, Osaka Prefecture, 577-0056, Japan|
(Chairman and CEO)
(President and COO)
|Footnotes / references
Swans (スワンズ Suwanzu) is the brandname of the Japanese eyewear manufacturer Yamamoto Kogaku Co., Ltd. (山本光学株式会社 Yamamoto Kōgaku Kabushiki-gaisha) located in Osaka, Japan.
Founded in 1911, the company produces and sells optical lenses, sunglasses, goggles, as well as safety glasses. The sports eyewear brand Swans includes sunglasses, ski and snowboard goggles, swimming goggles, as well as helmets.
The company was founded by Haruji Yamamoto, as Yamamoto Optical Lens Factory, in Osaka. The factory moved to Higashiōsaka in 1935, where the company's current headquarters are. In that same year started the production of lenses and eyewear for protection against dust. Twenty years later the company name changed to Yamamoto Bojin Megane and started the production of eyewear frames by plastic molding, a first in Japan. In 1977 the company became as an official ski equipment supplier to the United States Ski Team and in 1980 the company's took its current name.
- "Company Profile". Yamamoto Kogaku. Retrieved March 25, 2016.
- "About Swans - Company Milestones". Yamamoto Kogaku. Retrieved March 25, 2016.
- Behind the Winners: A Network of Individual Contributors. Skiing. Bonnier Corporation. October 1985. p. 48. ISSN 0037-6264.
- Nagata, Kazuaki (October 9, 2014). "Toshiba Glass sets sights on less obtrusive wearable tech". The Japan times. Retrieved March 25, 2016.
- "Swans Way", Highlighting Japan, May 2010. Retrieved July 2, 2010. (in English)