This article is written like a personal reflection, personal essay, or argumentative essay that states a Wikipedia editor's personal feelings or presents an original argument about a topic. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Produced by||Thankachan Emmanuel|
|Written by||Girish Kumar|
|Screenplay by||Girish Kumar|
|Story by||Girish Kumar|
|Music by||M. Jayachandran|
|Budget||₹26.1 million (US$370,000)|
|Box office||₹85.5 million (US$1.2 million)|
Swapna Sanchari (English:Dream Traveller) is a 2011 Malayalam comedy drama film directed by Kamal, starring Jayaram and Samvrutha Sunil in the lead roles. It was a success at the box office. Innocent won the Asianet Film Award for Best Supporting Actor - Male for this film.
Swapna Sanchari revolves around the gulf-returned Ajaychandran Nair (Jayaram). He has a lovely wife (Samvrutha Sunil) and a 9th standard daughter (Anu Emmanuel) who does not speak more. His father (Innocent) believes in old ways. The movie tracks his ups in life in the first half, where he returns from Gulf with a huge pocket. He dreams of earning a big name in the society, thus buys a Mercedes-Benz, an old theatre, land in front of panchayat hall, promised hefty contributions for community hall and several other charitable organizations where he can put his name in front. He undertakes running the village festival completely by himself to earn a big name. Thus he dreams big but falls short in no time after his business in Dubai falls down. In no time Ajaychandran reduces nothing to big zero. The movie sketches the plot of those who falls into debt due to show-off.
- Jayaram as Ajayachandran Nair
- Samvrutha Sunil as Reshmi (Ajayachandran's wife)
- Bhama as Adult Ashwathy (Cameo)
- Innocent as Achuthan Nair (Ajayachandran's Father)
- Harisree Ashokan as Rameshan
- Anu Emmanuel as Ashwathy(Achu) (Ajayachandran's daughter)
- Salim Kumar as Sugathan
- Krupa as Ajayachandran's Sister
- Balachandran Chullikkadu as Lakshmi's Father
- Jagathy Sreekumar as Devaram (the Astrologer)
- Meera Nandan as Older Lakshmi
- Irshad as Raveendran Nair
- Manikandan Pattambi
- Sasi Kalinga as Kurup
- Kalabhavan Shajohn as Eanasu
- Shivaji Guruvayoor as Bank Manager
- Sunil Sukhada as Bank Manager
- Surabhi Lakshmi as Ajayachandran's sister
Director Kamal and actor Jayaram joined together in Swapna Sanchari, after a gap of 12 years. This was also the second production of Trueline Cinema's Thankachan Emmanuel his debut picture was Kadha Thudarunnu. The movie was a super hit in the box office collecting 6.6 Cro in the first month alone and still kept running on and grossed 8.5 Cro. The movie was also loved by the fans and appreciated by the critics as well.
|1||"Vellaram Kunnileri"||Chithra, Sudeep Kumar|
|2||"Kilikal Paadum"||Shreya Ghoshal|
|3||"Yathra Pokunnu"||Madhu Balakrishnan|
|4||"Kilikal Paadum (Duet)"||Vijay Yesudas, Shreya Ghoshal|
The film collected $2,188 from UK box office.
- "IBOS network". IBOS network. 21 August 1998. Retrieved 30 June 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Jayaram-Kamal combo movie titled Swapna Sanchari". Popcorn.OneIndia. Retrieved 13 August 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "2011 സംവിധാനം ചെയ്തത്" [Those (films) which were directed in 2011] (in Malayalam). Malayala Manorama. Archived from the original on 7 February 2012. Retrieved 5 February 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Swapna Sanchari". Box Office Mojo. 14 September 2009.