Swargate Bus Station
|Intercity and Intracity bus station|
|Location||Jedhe Chowk, Satara Road, Swargate, Pune|
|Owned by||Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation,
Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Limited
Pune Metro (planned)
|Structure type||At grade station|
Swargate Bus Station consists of two adjacent bus stations in Pune, operated by the Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) and the Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Limited (PMPML). It is located in the locality of Swargate in Pune, opposite the Swargate Police Station.
The Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation operates a bus station a Swargate. Approximately 1800 buses are estimated to arrive and depart from the terminus. Buses of the Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation also pass through the bus station. In 2012, the traffic arm of the Pune Police proposed to split the bus station into different bus stations across the city to ease traffic congestion.
Buses bound for Satara, Karad, Belgaum, Kolhapur, Hubli, Ratnagiri, Chiplun, Miraj, Sangli, Mahabaleshwar, and Solapur leave from the Swargate ST station. Both the MSRTC and KSRTC operate services to the neighbouring state capital of Bangalore from Swargate while the former operates some of its services to the state capital of Mumbai via Lonavala as well.
- Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation
- Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Limited
- Pune Station Bus Stand
- Shivajinagar Bus Stand
- Thakur, Ruchika (21 July 2014). "To Park or not to park, dna checks out the safety measures taken by the police station across the city after the recent blasts". DNA (newspaper) (Pune). Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- Umbrajkar, Manish (9 September 2012). "Apathy helps Jedhe chowk fail traffic test". Times of India (Pune). Retrieved Oct 17, 2014.
- "Traffic cops moot decentralisation of 3 MSRTC bus stands". Indian Express. 1 June 2012. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- "Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation plans over 1,900 additional trips for Diwali". Times of India (Pune). 24 October 2012. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- Sukhija, Sheetal (23 December 2011). "Bangalore-bound travellers prefer KSRTC to MSRTC". Mid Day. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "MSRTC increases frequency of Hirkani and Shivneri buses". Indian Express. 22 April 2013. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- Jadhav, Ashish (4 September 2012). "Over 5,000 grads, postgrads line up for conductors’ jobs". Daily News and Analysis (Pune). Retrieved Oct 17, 2014.
- "11 parking lots and PMPML buses to Balewadi". Indian Express (Pune). 6 October 2008. Retrieved Oct 17, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Swargate Bus Station.|