Swati Sen is an Indian film actress born in Nagpur, [Maharashtra], most known for her roles in Udedh Bun, which won the Silver Bear for Best Short Film at the 2008 Berlin International Film Festival, and the National Film Award-winning Antardwand (2010), which won her critical acclaim as well as Best Actress MAMI.
Early life and education
Swati studied acting at the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune. She got bit by the acting bug at Miranda House College, Delhi, where she was an active member of the Dramatics Club and performed many street plays, full length plays, stage shows etc. .
She was offered Antardwand when she happened to meet Shruti, the casting director for the film. Shruti then asked Swati to meet Sushil Rajpal, the Director of the film. Rajpal was suitably impressed with her and she was cast and appeared in the movie Antardwand.
Swati Sen had just about entered the Indian film industry and she already won the Best Actress Award for her film, Sushil Rajpal's ANTARDWAND, which has won the National award (Best Film) and MAMI award (Best Actress).Looking at her brilliant performance, Anurag Kashyap & Imtiaz Ali has gone to the extent of calling her amongst the finest 'Actress' around. She is already being compared to powerhouse of performance like Smita Patil, Chitrangada and Tabu.
She was featured in the international music video "calling all crows" by Andrew Mudge for American Radio. She has also been a part of regional films like Sontha Vooru (Telugu) She has played the protagonist Suchorita in the televised version of Rabindranath Tagore's most celebrated Novel "Gora"
She considers Mr. Tripurarai Sharan, Ex-Director FTII as her Guide and Mentor.
Currently she is associated with the Virat Kalodbhav Theater Group, Mumbai.
Married into the prestigious family of Dr.Rajendra Prasad (1st Indian President), Swati and her husband Devaditya Prasad (Writer-Director, associated with Sudheer Mishra), currently reside in Andheri West, Mumbai.
- 2007: It's Breaking News - Sangeeta 
- 2007: Woh Subah Kidhar Nikal Gayi
- 2008: Udedh Bun (short) - Beloved
- 2009: Andheri (short) - Anita - the maid
- 2009: Sonta vooru (Telugu)
- 2010: Antardwand - Janki
- Uma da Cunha (Screen). "Siddharth Sinha’s short film Udhed Bun win’s Berlin’s Silver Bear". February 22, 2008. Check date values in:
- "55th National Film Award Winners (2007)" (PDF). Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India.
- Antardwand: Movie Review Economic Times, 27 August 2010.
- Antardwand’ Swati Sen makes her alumni FTII proud!! September 8, 2010.
- FTII Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Govt. of India Official website.
- "Box Office Results 1996". BoxOfficeIndia.Com. Archived from the original on 24 September 2007. Retrieved 10 October 2007.