This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Tamara Hill-Norton (founder)|
Simon Hill-Norton (founder)
Julia Straus (CEO)
Sweaty Betty is a British retailer specialising in women's activewear, founded by Tamara and Simon Hill-Norton. It has over 50 boutiques in the United Kingdom, six boutiques in the United States and concessions in department stores Harrods and Bloomingdale's.
Origins and History
Sweaty Betty was founded in 1998 by Tamara and Simon Hill-Norton with one boutique in London's Notting Hill. By 2003, the company had expanded to five boutiques.
In 2001, Sweaty Betty was named Sports Industries Federation Sports Retailer of the year
In 2015, Sweaty Betty won the award for 'Healthiest Employees' as part of Vitality Health Insurances' Britain's Healthiest Workplace Awards.
In 2019, Sweaty Betty's website was targeted by cyber-criminals, who inserted malicious code into its eCommerce website to capture customer card details during the checkout process.
- "Sweaty Betty". Shopping Centre. 11 May 2006. Archived from the original on 23 August 2012. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "Little Black Book". Europe Intelligence Wire. Financial Times. 15 April 2012. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- CASE STUDY: Sweaty Betty locates success Archived 27 August 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- Healthiest, Workplace (October 2016). "Healthiest Workplace". Healthiest Workplace. Vitality Health Insurance. Archived from the original on 24 August 2016.
- Baldwin, Caroline (4 December 2019). "Sweaty Betty admits eCommerce data breach". Essential Retail. Retrieved 15 April 2020.