It is best known in Pulaski County for being the home of the Swedeborg R-III School District, which is the county's last remaining K-8 district. Along with Laquey, it is one of only two unincorporated communities in Pulaski County to retain its own school district.
Major north-south routes near Swedeborg include:
- Route 133 runs north from Interstate 44 exit 145 about two miles east of Hazelgreen to Richland, Swedeborg, Crocker, and about two miles west of Dixon, then north out of the county.
- Route 17 crosses Interstate 44 at exit 153 at Buckhorn, runs east through Waynesville, turns north to Crocker, and then runs north out of the county to Iberia.
- Missouri Highway T runs north from Highway 17 at Waynesville to Swedeborg, where it meets and ends at Highway 133 about halfway between Richland and Crocker.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Swedeborg, Missouri
- "Pulaski County Place Names, 1928–1945". The State Historical Society of Missouri. Archived from the original on December 10, 2016. Retrieved November 27, 2016.
- "Post Offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 10 December 2016.