Sweden Social Web Camp
Sweden Social Web Camp (SSWC) is a Swedish user-generated conference (or unconference) held on the island of Tjärö. The event focuses on internet and web technology and use in the context of social media. The format is open, participatory workshop-events, the content which is provided by the participants. As anyone can decide to run a workshop during the event other, non-social web, subjects have of course turned up on the unconference grid.
In 2009 Tomas Wennström and Kristin Heinonen told some friends via their blog that they were considering meeting up a few people on an island and talk about the social web. Within hours they had nearly a hundred replies from people who wanted to come and they decided that they should try to do something for a wider audience. Eventually 286  people attended a two-day Sweden Social Web Camp in 2009 and workshops on about 60 different topics 
In 2010 409 people attended Sweden Social Web Camp. A book, SSWC-boken, was crowd sourced by Mattias Boström and 180+ essays making up 591 pages was printed and sold at the event. Many of the essays were also workshop topics at the event itself.
In 2011 about 400 people attended  an expanded format where an extra day was added and the agenda for the first day was crowd-sourced beforehand and voted on. By some, this year was considered the best year so far.
The first two years (2009, 2010) was held as a traditional unconference where the content was decided by the participants on the spot, booking locations on the island using the unconference grid. The third year an extra day was added and the suggested topics were crowd-sourced beforehand and an online voting system was used to vote for the most popular topics. The 35 topics with the highest votes were allocated a slot on the first day.
Organised travel, called the Twittering buses, contributes to the event and many consider travelling with the buses an essential part of the experience.
- #SSWC Hur en wall blir till (How the grid is created), time laps video of unconference grid creation
- Revolution på Tjärö (Revolution on Tjärö), Commersen, 25 August 2009, retrieved 16 August 2009
- About Sweden Social Web Camp, retrieved 16 August 2011
- Camp för internetentusiaster (Camp for internet enthusiasts), DN.se, 13 August 2010, retrieved 16 August 2011
- SSWC-boken (The SSWC book), 13 August 2010, retrieved on 16 August 2011
- Kunskap skapas bäst genom att delta (Knowledge is best created by participating), DN.se, retrieved 16 August 2011
- Vuxenhajk för webbnördar, (Field trip for grownup web nerds), Resume, retrieved 16 August 2011
- Twittrande bussar på väg söderut (Twittering buses on their way south), Internetworld, retrieved 16 August 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sweden Social Web Camp.|
- Sweden Social Web Camp web site
- Comprehensive link list for content about SSWC 2009
- Comprehensive link list for content about SSWC 2010
- Comprehensive link list for content about SSWC 2011
- Så kanske SSWC kan bli ännu bättre (This way maybe SSWC can become even better), Sydsvenskan, retrieved 16 August 2011
- Internetmänniskor invaderar Blekingeö (Internet people invade Blekinge island), DN.se, retrieved 16 August 2011
- Framtidens internet tar form (The future of the internet takes shape), Expressen/Kvällsposten, retrieved 16 August 2011
- Webbeliten samlades i Blekinges skärgård (The web elite got together in the archipelago of Blekinge), Metro Teknik, 25 August 2009, retrieved 16 August 2011.