Sweden at the 1976 Summer Olympics
|Sweden at the Olympic Games|
|At the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal|
|Competitors||116 (99 men and 17 women) in 16 sports|
|Flag bearer||Jan Karlsson|
|Olympic history (summary)|
|Other related appearances|
|Youth Olympics • Paralympics • European Games|
- Anders Gärderud — Athletics, Men's 3000 metre Steeplechase
- Bernt Johansson — Cycling, Men's Individual Road Race
- Hans Jacobson, Carl von Essen, Rolf Edling, Göran Flodström, and Leif Högström — Fencing, Men's Team Épée
- John Albrechtson and Ingvar Hansson — Sailing, Tempest Class
- Ulrika Knape — Diving, Women's Platform
Three of Sweden's archers from the 1972 Summer Olympics returned in 1976. Anna-Lisa Berglund improved her score by 155 points, moving up 23 places in the rankings. Rolf Svensson also competed again, shooting 26 points and 5 places higher than four years before. Defending silver medallist Gunnar Jervill, however, fell to 14th place.
Women's Individual Competition:
Men's Individual Competition:
Men's 800 metres
- Heat — 1:48.86 (→ did not advance)
- Göran Bengtsson — 2:17:39 (→ 14th place)
Men's High Jump
- Qualification — 2.16m
- Final — 2.18m (→ 10th place)
Men's Discus Throw
- Qualification — 58.06m (→ did not advance)
Men's 20 km Race Walk
- Bengt Simonsen — 1:35:31 (→ 26th place)
Six cyclists represented Sweden in 1976.
- Bernt Johansson — 4:46:52 (→ Gold Medal)
- Sven-Åke Nilsson — 4:49:01 (→ 29th place)
- Leif Hansson — did not finish (→ no ranking)
- Alf Segersäll — did not finish (→ no ranking)
Seven fencers, six men and one woman, represented Sweden in 1976.
Three male pentathletes represented Sweden in 1976.
- Hans Lager
- Bengt Lager
- Gunnar Jacobson
- "Sweden at the 1976 Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 12 April 2015.