1955 Swedish driving side referendum
The voter turnout was 53.2%, and the suggestion failed by 15.5% against 82.9%. However, eight years later, in 1963, the Riksdag approved the change, following pressure from the Council of Europe and the Nordic Council. Traffic in Sweden switched from driving on the left-hand side of the road to the right on 3 September 1967 (see Dagen H).
- "Folkomröstningar 1922-2003" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. 21 December 2007. Archived from the original on 22 May 2011. Retrieved 22 May 2011.
- The Rule of the Road: An International Guide to History and Practice, Peter Kincaid, Greenwood Press, 1986, page 160
- The Nordic Council and Scandinavian Integration, Erik Solem, Praeger Publishers, 1977, page 99
- "Folkomröstning: Tabell: Folkomröstningar i Sverige". Nationalencyklopedin (in Swedish). Retrieved 22 May 2011. (subscription required)
- "Nationella folkomröstningar" (in Swedish). Swedish Election Authority. Archived from the original on 22 May 2011. Retrieved 22 May 2011.