Sweet Valley High (TV series)
|Sweet Valley High|
Sweet Valley High title screenshot
|Created by||Francine Pascal|
Jeremy Vincent Garrett
|Theme music composer||Ron Wasserman|
|Opening theme||"Sweet Valley High" performed by Kathy Fisher|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||88 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Francine Pascal
Lance H. Robbins
|Location(s)||Alexander Hamilton High School, Los Angeles, California|
David E. West
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Teen Dream Productions, Inc.
|Distributor||Saban International (1994–1997)
Disney-ABC Domestic Television (Current)
Saban Brands (library only)
|Original network||Broadcast Syndication (1994–1996)
|Original release||September 5, 1994– October 14, 1997|
Francine Pascal's Sweet Valley High is an American Live-action comedy-drama series very loosely based on Francine Pascal's book series of the same name. The series ran from September 5, 1994 to October 14, 1997, and was produced (and distributed) by Saban Entertainment. The rights are now held by Disney-ABC Domestic Television.
The series revolves around the lives of Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield, beautiful blonde twins who live in the fictitious Sweet Valley, California, and their gang of friends. Elizabeth is warm, friendly and sincere, while her twin sister Jessica is flirty, mischievous, and irresponsible.
Cast and characters
- Brittany Daniel - Jessica "Jess" Wakefield
- Cynthia Daniel - Elizabeth "Liz" Wakefield
- Ryan Bittle - Todd Wilkins (1994–1996) Boyfriend to Elizabeth
- Amy Danles - Enid Rollins, Elizabeth's Best Friend
- Michael Perl - Winston Egbert, Todd's Best Friend
- Harley Rodriguez - Manny Lopez, Todd & Winston's Friend. Right-hand man to Bruce Patman early on.
- Bridget Flanery - Lila Fowler, (1994–1996) Jessica's Best Friend
- Shirlee Elliot - Lila Fowler #2 (1996–1997)
- Jeremy Vincent Garrett - Todd Wilkins #2 (1996–1997) Boyfriend to Elizabeth and briefly Renata.
- Manley Pope - Devon Whitelaw (1997) Boyfriend to Elizabeth and Jessica
- Brock Burnett - Bruce Patman (1994–1995) Todd & Winston's rival. Antagonist to Jessica.
- Christopher Jackson - Bruce Patman #2 (1995–1996)
- John Jocelyn - Reginald "Shred" Patman, (1996–1997) Bruce's Cousin & Winston's friend
- Andrea Savage - Renata Vargas (1997–1998) Jessica & Lila's Friend. Briefly Todd's girlfriend.
- Tyffany Hayes - Cheryl "Tatanya" Thomas (1995–1998), Elizabeth, Jessica and Todd's Friend
- Amarilis - Patty Gilbert, (1994–1995) Jessica's cheerleader friend
In 1995, a soundtrack album was released featuring original songs that were in the series along with a longer version of the show's theme song.
- "Sweet Valley High Theme" (Long version)
- "Lotion" (Jessica's Theme)
- "Rose Colored Glasses"
- "She's Got the Answers"
- "Not Myself Today"
- "Rest of My Life"
- "My Jessica"
- "All to Myself"
- "My World"
- "On Our Own"
- "She Walks in Roses"
- "Sweet Valley High Theme" (TV version)
Home Video releases
In 1996, two Sweet Valley High VHS tapes were released by Warner Home Video: 'Kidnapped' and 'Dangerous Love', which featured exclusive music videos based off the songs featured in the TV series.
|DVD Name||Ep #||Release Date|
|The Complete First Season||22||March 8, 2005|
A DVD release of Season two was also planned, with an old promotional trailer being posted online recently, however this release was scrapped due to unknown reasons.
- "Double The Action At 'Sweet Valley High'". Chicago Tribune. 1994-06-21. Retrieved 2010-10-17.
- "It's Bubblegum Tv". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved 2010-10-17.
- Ultimatedisney.com, Sweet Valley High dvd review