Sweetheart (2016 film)
|Directed by||Wazed Ali Sumon|
|Written by||S Reza|
|Screenplay by||Wazed Ali Sumon|
|Produced by||Didar Khan |
|Edited by||Touhid Hossain|
|Music by||Shafiq Tuhin|
|Distributed by||Tiger Media Limited|
Sweetheart is a 2016 Bangladeshi romantic drama film written by S. Reza and directed by Wazed Ali Sumon. The film stars Bappy Chowdhury, Bidya Sinha Mim, Riaz Uddin Ahamed Siddique with Shampa Reza and Parveen Sultana Diti in supporting roles.
Riaz plays Richard, the only heir of an established business dynasty who is in love with Prilina, a childhood friend, portrayed by Mim. Before going to London for higher education, Richard gets engaged to Prilina. While Richard is away, Prilina gets close to Jishan, played by Bappy. Two becomes closer as they spend time together, Prilina realizes her feelings for Jishan. Meanwhile, Richard returns from abroad. Divided by religion, and nonacceptance from society, the lives of three individuals ends in tragedy.
Sweetheart first look was officially launched on 17 May 2015 by Tiger Media Limited and second teaser was revealed a month later. The Official Trailer of the film was revealed on 30 January 2016. The film is produced by A.S Raj under the banner of Digital Movies. The film soundtrack album was launched on 8 February 2016 at Star Cineplex and received tremendous response from audiences since then. The film is released in 80 screens on 12 February 2016.
Bilina (Mim) and Richard (Riaz) belongs to traditional Christian family. Growing up together, Bilina and Richard gets accustomed to each other's accompany. During teenage years, Richard goes to London for higher studies. While Richard is away, Bilina gets to know Zishan (Bappy), who belongs to a Muslim family. As the time passes, their friendship turns to love. However, in the meantime, Richard returns to Bilina and proposes to her, and Bilina accepts due to immense pressure from community and family. Unknown about the feelings Bilina have for Zishan, Richard marries her and soon after, however their marriage remain complicated.
Zishan, heartbroken by the treachery of Bilina, thinks that Bilina left him because of Richard's wealth, and vows to build an empire of wealth. As the film turns complex, the story of the film revolves around the love triangle between three individuals, whose love turns to utmost hate.
- Bappy Chowdhury as Zishan, Bilina's love interest
- Bidya Sinha Mim as Bilina Rosario
- Parveen Sultana Diti, Jishan's mother
- Khosheduzamman Utpal, Richard's father, a multi-millionaire businessman
- Shampa Reza as Mariah Rosario, Bilina's mother
- Prabir Mitra, a manager working at Jishan's business
- Rex Jafor as Anamul
- Riaz Uddin Ahamed Siddique as Richard, a British millionaire and Bilina's childhood friend (Special Appearance)
The film was first announced in 2013, with Mim and Bappy selected for the lead roles. Numerous media outlets reported that Mamnun Hasan Emon was approached to play a lead role in the film. However, Riaz Uddin Ahamed Siddiqui was later approached to play the role of Richard.
Principal photography started in November 2014 with Mim and Bappy. The first phase of the shooting was done in Dhaka, while about 20 percent of the film and songs were shot in Malaysia. The film was extensively shot for 45 days in Dhaka while 12 days in Malaysia.
The film was intended to be released during July 2015, however, the date was postponed due to post-production. The film premiered at the Star Cineplex at Bashundhara City on 10 February 2016. The makers of the film went to release the film on 12 February 2016, on the occasion of Valentine's Day. The film was praised by critics and many production companies around the country, including Jaaz Multimedia. The film was released on 12 February on 81 screens in Bangladesh.
|Soundtrack album by |
|Released||1 August 2015 (Digital Release) |
8 February 2016 (Official Release)
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Tiger Media Limited|
|Singles from Sweetheart (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)|
Sweetheart's film score is composed by Shafiq Tuhin with songs composed by Habib Wahid, Hridoy Khan, and Ahmed Humayun. and lyrics written by Sudip Kumar Dip and Kabir Bakul. The first track titled "Ek Mutho Prem" was released on 23 March 2015 as the first single prior to the soundtrack album's release. The second single to be released was "Kenore Tor Majhe". The album features five tracks, and was released August 2015. Tiger Media Limited acquired the music rights of the film.
|1.||"Ek Jholoke"||Kabir Bakul||Hridoy Khan||Hridoy Khan||5:00|
|2.||"Ek Mutho Prem"||Kabir Bakul||Hridoy Khan||Hridoy Khan, Sabrina Porshi||5:07|
|3.||"Bhalobasha Holo Na"||Kabir Bakul||Habib Wahid||Habib Wahid, Nancy||4:56|
|4.||"Kenore Tor Majhe"||Sudip Kumar Dip||Ahmmed Humayun||Ahmmed Humayun, Roma||4:42|
|5.||"Bidhata (Ami Akasher Kache Jante Chai)"||Kabir Bakul||Shafiq Tuhin||James||5:15|
- ^ ইমন ও বাপ্পীর ‘সুইটহার্ট’ মিম [Emon and Bappi 'Sweetheart' Mim]. banglanews24.com (in Bengali). Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- ^ "Ek Jholoke Amake Chuye Gelo Je" এক ঝলকে আমাকে ছুঁয়ে গেল যে. Bonik Barta (in Bengali). Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- ^ মিম-বাপ্পির চতুর্থ. RTV (in Bengali). Retrieved 2019-07-17.
- ^ "Mim and Bappy's Sweetheart begins shooting". Dhaka Tribune. 2014-10-19. Retrieved 2019-07-17.
- ^ মিম. The Daily Ittefaq. Retrieved 2019-07-17.
- ^ a b "Mim and Bappy's Sweetheart begins shooting". Dhaka Tribune. 20 October 2014. Retrieved 10 December 2015.
- ^ "2 romantic films to hit cinemas today". New Age. Dhaka. Retrieved 13 February 2016.
- ^ "Mim-Bappy's "Sweetheart" to release on Valentine's Day". The Daily Star. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- ^ "Mim travels to Bangkok for 'Sweetheart'". The Daily Star. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- ^ "Dedication at its best". The Daily Star. 10 January 2015. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- ^ "Riaz to make comeback on screen this month". The Independent. Dhaka. Retrieved 13 February 2016.
- ^ ভালোবাসা দিবসে আসছেন রিয়াজ-মীম-বাপ্পি [Riaz-Mim-Bappi coming this Valentine's Day]. BD Morning (in Bengali). Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- ^ "Riaz's question to Mim?". Channel I (in Bengali). Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- ^ "I love to act in diverse characters: Bidya Sinha Mim". Priyo News. Archived from the original on 21 January 2016. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- ^ Shazu, Shah Alam. "'We stayed on a boat for five hours shooting a song' ... Mim". The Daily Star. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- ^ "Hridoy Khan and Suzena to pair up for music video". Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- ^ "I thought my career was over: Kabir Bakul". New Age. Dhaka. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- ^ "Mim's eyes fixed on film career". New Age. Dhaka. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- ^ "'Sweetheart' to be released on Valentine's Day 2016". The Independent. Dhaka. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- ^ "Mim to celebrate birthday at home". Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- Sweetheart at IMDb
- Sweetheart at the Bangla Movie Database (in Bengali)
- 2016 films
- Bengali-language Bangladeshi films
- 2016 romantic drama films
- Bangladeshi romantic drama films
- Films shot in Dhaka
- Films shot in Malaysia
- Films shot in Thailand
- 2010s musical drama films
- 2010s romantic musical films
- Films scored by Hridoy Khan
- Films scored by Ahmed Humayun
- Films scored by Habib Wahid
- 2010s Bengali-language films
- Films directed by Wajed Ali Sumon