Swift Morgan was a British science fiction hero created in 1948 by Denis McLoughlin and his brother Colin and first published by Boardman Books in their series of rotogravure comic books (1948-1954). Swift, with his plucky girl companion Silver, faced all manner of fantastic adventures from other worldly to time travel. Boardman Books also used Swift in text stories published in their children's annuals in the 1950s.
- Gore, Matthew H. "Collector's Corner: Denis McLoughlin," Goldenage Treasury Volume One. AC Comics: Longwood, Florida, 2003. Unpaginated.
- Hertzberg, Francis. Denis McLoughlin: The Master of Light & Shade. Gryphon Books: Brooklyn, New York, 1995.
- Holland, Steve. "The Lancashire Cowboy and the Bloodhound: The Art of Denis McLoughlin," Paperback Parade #24 (June, 1991), 60-62.
- Holland, Steve. The Mushroom Jungle. Zeon Books: Dilton Marsh, England, 1993.
- Lesser, Thomas M. "The Boardman Hardcovers," Paperback Parade #38 (April, 1994), 21-44.
Stories published in Collections
The New Spaceways Comic Annual No 1 Greycaines 1954
- Swift Morgan and the Ancient Egyptians picture strip story
- Swift Morgan and the Flying Saucers picture strip story
- Swift Morgan and the Menace of the Red Mists text story
- Swift Morgan and the Pirates of Space text story
All Worlds Album 1950s softback
- Swift Morgan and the Feathered Serpent picture strip story
The Adventure Annual Greycaines, for the popular Press Ltd., 1953
- ...Robot Empire picture strip story
|This article about a character from a science fiction book, story, film, or game is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.