Swimming at the 1900 Summer Olympics
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Swimming at the
1900 Summer Olympics
|200 m team||men|
|200 m obstacle||men|
|1||Great Britain (GBR)||2||0||1||3|
|200 m freestyle
||Frederick Lane (AUS)||Zoltán Halmay (HUN)||Karl Ruberl (AUT)|
|1000 m freestyle
||John Arthur Jarvis (GBR)||Otto Wahle (AUT)||Zoltán Halmay (HUN)|
|4000 m freestyle
||John Arthur Jarvis (GBR)||Zoltán Halmay (HUN)||Louis Martin (FRA)|
|200 m backstroke
||Ernst Hoppenberg (GER)||Karl Ruberl (AUT)||Johannes Drost (NED)|
|200 m team swimming
|| Germany (GER)
Herbert von Petersdorff
| France (FRA)
| France (FRA)
|200 m obstacle event
||Frederick Lane (AUS)||Otto Wahle (AUT)||Peter Kemp (GBR)|
||Charles Devendeville (FRA)||André Six (FRA)||Peder Lykkeberg (DEN)|
A total of 76 swimmers from 12 nations competed at the Paris Games:
- Australia (1)
- Austria (3)
- Belgium (1)
- Denmark (1)
- France (47)
- Germany (6)
- Great Britain (7)
- Hungary (1)
- Italy (2)
- Netherlands (4)
- Sweden (1)
- United States (1)
- "Swimming at the 1900 Paris Summer Games". Sports Reference. Retrieved 27 August 2016.
- This is the roster of the German team as given by the International Olympic Committee database. Mallon notes that Petersdorff did not compete. He also claims that contemporary sources support a 4-person roster including Hoppenberg, Hainle, Gustav Lexau, and Ernest Luhrsen; Frey and Schöne are not included in either Mallon or de Wael's list of competitors in the event.
- Houben did not compete; however, he is listed in the IOC's medal database as part of the Neptune team.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Swimming at the 1900 Summer Olympics.|
- "Olympic Medal Winners". International Olympic Committee. Retrieved 2008-03-19.
- De Wael, Herman (2001-06-07). "Swimming 1900". Herman's Full Olympians. Retrieved 2008-03-19.
- Mallon, Bill (December 1997). The 1900 Olympic Games: Results for All Competitors in All Events, With Commentary. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland. ISBN 0-7864-0378-0.