Swimming at the 1999 Pan American Games – Women's 400 metre freestyle
|Women's 400 metre freestyle at the XIII Pan American Games|
|Venue||Pan Am Pool|
|Dates||August 4 (preliminaries and finals)|
|Competitors||- from - nations|
The women's 400 metre freestyle competition of the swimming events at the 1999 Pan American Games took place on 4 August at the Pan Am Pool. The last Pan American Games champion was Brooke Bennett of US.
All times are in minutes and seconds.
|KEY:||q||Fastest non-qualifiers||Q||Qualified||GR||Games record||NR||National record||PB||Personal best||SB||Seasonal best|
The first round was held on August 4.
|3||Kaitlin Sandeno||United States||4:18.97||Q|
|4||Julia Stowers||United States||4:19.84||Q|
The B final was held on August 4.
|9||Gretchen Gotay||Puerto Rico||4:35.70|
The A final was held on August 4.
|Kaitlin Sandeno||United States||4:10.74|
|4||Julia Stowers||United States||4:16.79|
|8||Michelle Diago Jensen||Puerto Rico||4:25.18|
- "Results" (PDF). USA SWIMMING. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- Hickosports Results
- All Pan medalists - Male
- All Pan medalists - Female
- Pan American Games - Swimming and Diving page, from gbrathletics.com; retrieved 2012-04-15.
- ISHOF list with all medalists in Pan Am Games history
- Swimming technical manual
- 1999 Full results by Swimnews