Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Linda Kristjanson|
|Pro-Chancellor||Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri (Dr) Haji Adenan Bin Haji Satem|
|Students||4,000 (2015) |
|Location||Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia|
Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus is the foreign branch campus of Swinburne University in Melbourne, Australia and is located in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia. Established in 2000, Swinburne Sarawak operates as a partnership between the Sarawak State Government and Swinburne Australia. The initiative behind the Sarawak campus is part of a long term strategy by Swinburne Australia to "globalize its operations and provide its students with international living, working and learning opportunities".
The Swinburne Sarawak campus operates as a full-fledged branch campus, joining three other Swinburne campuses in Melbourne, Australia, and is under the academic control of Swinburne's Higher Education Division in Australia. Courses offered are identical to those available in Melbourne and graduates are awarded Australian testamurs.
As a result of close ties between Sarawak and Australia, the Swinburne University of Technology of Melbourne, Australia was identified by the State Government as a viable partner in assisting the state's educational needs. Following the long-term strategy by Swinburne Australia, and the approval of the then Minister of Education of Malaysia, Najib Tun Razak in 1999,  the Swinburne Sarawak Institute of Technology was set up within a State Office Complex building at Jalan Simpang Tiga, Kuching, Sarawak.
Operating as a partnership between the Sarawak Foundation and the Sarawak Higher Education Foundation, the campus welcomed the first batch of 130 students in August 2000.
Swinburne Sarawak Institute of Technology was officially granted status as a university branch campus on 10 June 2004, effectively becoming Swinburne's sixth and latest campus, joining five other campuses in Melbourne, Australia. The university was since then known as Swinburne University of Technology, Sarawak Campus and was, at the time, the fifth branch campus university in the country. Student population was at 700.
Swinburne Sarawak is located on a 16.5-acre (67,000 m2) campus in Jalan Simpang Tiga, Kuching.
Swinburne Sarawak's day-to-day affairs is administered by Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive is Professor Janet Gregory.
Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri (Dr) Haji Adenan Bin Haji Satem awas installed as its second Pro Chancellor on 9 October 2014.
Swinburne Sarawak offers Foundation Studies for students who have completed SPM or any other equivalent qualifications. Swinburne’s Foundation Studies is a pre-university course designed to help students meet the entry requirements for bachelor's degree studies.
Swinburne Sarawak’s undergraduate degree are available to students who have completed the Swinburne Foundation Studies, STPM or other equivalent qualifications. These degrees are designed with your career in mind where students will benefit from opportunities to connect with industry and engage in interdisciplinary projects.
Some postgraduate programs are also available. Swinburne Sarawak also accept application from for those wanting to develop advanced skills and knowledge for its Masters by Research programs.
- "Australian deputy high commissioner impressed with university". Swinburne University. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- "About Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus". Swinburne Sarawak Website. Retrieved 1 December 2008. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "aboutpage" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Swinburne Sarawak achieves University status". Fiona Perry. Media Unit, Swinburne University of Technology. 11 June 2004. Retrieved 6 December 2008.
- "About Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus". Swinburne Sarawak Website. Retrieved 1 December 2008.
- "Swinburne Sarawak Institute of Technology Builds End-to-End Cisco Systems Data, Voice and Video Integrated Network" (Press release). Cisco Systems, Inc. 9 February 2001. Retrieved 1 December 2008.
- "Infrastructure, foresight key factors: CM". The Borneo Post. 24 August 2008. Retrieved 29 August 2008.
- Heather Crosling (Spring 2004). "It's official - Sarawak is Swinburne's newest university campus" (PDF). Swinburne News. Swinburne University of Technology: Swinburne Corporate Marketing Department. p. 12. Retrieved 1 December 2008.
- "Campus Expansion". Swinburne University. Retrieved 6 December 2008.
- "More than 680 graduate, new Pro Chancellor for Swinburne Sarawak". Marketing Services & Communications Unit, Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus. 10 October 2014. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "School of Language & Foundation - Swinburne Sarawak University Of Technology, Sarawak, Malaysia". Swinburne University. Retrieved 1 December 2008.
- "Courses - Swinburne Sarawak University Of Technology, Sarawak, Malaysia". Swinburne University. Retrieved 1 December 2008.
- "Find a course". Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus. 7 January 2015. Retrieved 3 September 2015.